PepeAmpere wrote: If not, Ill just take some dev release.
I took 101.dev.470
, tested it in many single player scenarios and looks fine, no crashes, no performance issues (singleplayer with 2k units)
Some general notions related to last RC1-RC3s
- airplanes physics was changed a lot, some NOTA airplanes with configs from 9x.x versions of Spring now fly weird. I assume all flight code was simplified to be more robust, there was cleanup once the fuel was removed, right? Related question: Do engine devs have some reference game where the new physics/flight unitDefs interpretation is validated/tested? Or is it part of Spring unit tests?
- airplanes turning at the edges of map is not consistent with physics on other places, motivation behind this? performance?
- in dev build i tested (101.470) explosions seems to be more intensive than in RC3 and olders
- some explosions now throw objects into air (more than before) which i maybe like, just object (e.g. corpse) thrown on place outside of the map will fall at map edge, so map edges can become junkyards after few nukes explosions
- i know it is shitty report but i observed next thing and it can be inspiration for other testers: if you speed up the game (2x-4x, btw performance cool), you can observe, that sun lightning and related shadows are updated by big steps, not continuously. It happens only 101.470, not in RC3
- dynamic collision avoidance during CMD.MOVE or handling failing moves (e.g. i would success if position is blocked and im close as most as possible) would need improvement for sure. Units gets blocked a lot and for me its sometimes blackbox which does not look consistent (from AI-making perspective and from models/anims-making perspective)
Except things above, good job, I like the new engine.