Etiquette

Etiquette

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Dragon45

Etiquette

Post by Dragon45 »

(hope this hasnt been posted before)

Might want to sticky this

Now, as well all know, there's some unwritten rules of etiquette that every g ood gamer must know. I'd like to explicate them here, feel free to add more.

General

1) Be courteous and mature. If you lose, lose gracefully. If you win, win gracefully.

1.5) Never deny the winning player the joy of seeing his forces tromp through your base and annihilate it. Use the TAG_ROCK method instead: pump up the game several speed levels and just sit back, if you know you're going to lose.

2) Swear only at appropriate times.

3) Don't spam

4) If you are hosting, and are being attacked or losing, you must not kick the player attackign you or beating you. Anyone who violates this rule will find it extremely difficult to find a game.

5) If someone needs to run a two minute errand and pauses the game, do not unpause before they are back. If they say "brb" and take five or ten minutes or longer, it is permitted that the game may resume.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Add: Always tell why you are kicking someone. If you can't find a reson why to kick the player, you should'nt be kicking him.
Last edited by Kixxe on 17 Dec 2005, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

what a thorough load of bullshit. if u give up and he wants to romp through ur base QUIT and he can do it to the immobile units, switching the game speed up will not be appreciated. swear only at appropriate times? lol... if someone says brb sit and watch TV or read a book, if they aren't back by 30 mins quit. attacking completely idle stuff really isn't fun.
oh and kixxe...read ur post, hehehe. if u cant find a reason to kick someone by all means kick them! xD
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Fixed>.>

Edit:
Min3mat wrote:what a thorough load of bullshit. if u give up and he wants to romp through ur base QUIT and he can do it to the immobile units, switching the game speed up will not be appreciated. swear only at appropriate times? lol... if someone says brb sit and watch TV or read a book, if they aren't back by 30 mins quit. attacking completely idle stuff really isn't fun.
oh and kixxe...read ur post, hehehe. if u cant find a reason to kick someone by all means kick them! xD

He basicly means don't just blow up all off your units as soon as you see 25 brawlers and you have no AA. It's not funny.

Kepping swearing to a minimun is maybe better choice of words?

i... i don't get the last stuff. If they guy says BRB and sits and reads a book and you attack idle units witch isen't fun... wtf?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

my pronoucnitation is taking a hit. enemy is afk. u read a book / watch TV to while away the time until they return. if they dont in 30 mins just quit...
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

30 minutes? No way in hell. More than two and you get booted or .taken
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

in a average boring 2v2 noobfest yes. in a game WORTH playing such as a skilled 1v1/2v2 30 mins is worth the wait
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

also: when a game is really close, but then you start slipping towards an inevitable defeat, DON'T go "oh well, it's a stalemate" and quit! not to name names, but two people, possibly named Chiss and Daniel, pulled this crap on me and my allies
PauloMorfeo

Re: Etiquette

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Dragon45 wrote:...
1) ... If you lose, lose gracefully. ...
I don't expect people to lose graciously ending up saying the most meaningless "gg" and such stuff. I won't mind if they get upset (i know i get upset many times).

But that doesn't means that losing people should start complaining and calling names at the oponent because they won the game with rushing scouts, with gunships, with some nukes, with LRPCs, etc, etc, etc. If people get upset, they should leave they're upsetness on they're side of the Internet connection.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Meh, you have a replay, if the other team legitimately did something wrong then you can look at it and post here or somewhere else and fuck them over.

If they didn't do anything wrong then it wasn't thier fault that you lost, they just played thier best and it was better then your best, so a "gg" is fair to be expected. Personally I really hate losing a 2v2 because my ally wasn't up to spec, but it wasn't my opponent's fault, so I always give them credit for thier win.

Return to “Ingame Community”