Why hosting games in Spring sucks - Page 4

Why hosting games in Spring sucks

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:Top players in BA are the top players of any mod lets be honest :)
I'm away for a few days, and people get to say this?
0 x

[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

That is perhaps one of the more disturbingly numbskulled statements I have heard.
0 x

BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

hosting in spring is very annoying and quite stressful sometimes I find :) Im not sure there's much we can do about though bar asking ppl to be more helpful :|

There's only 1 way to settle the xta vs Ba argument too, host an xta tournament and let anyone compete. I'm pretty sure the winner would be a BA ladder top 5 guy. But I could be wrong, It'd be close but Id love to see that :)
0 x

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Then try something less TA-ish like EE, KP or Gundam. XTA and *A still have a lot in common but seeing people try to play Gundam like "lol flashspam" makes it clear that the absense of single unit spam confuses many.
0 x

pintle

Post by pintle »

BigSteve wrote:There's only 1 way to settle the xta vs Ba argument too, host an xta tournament and let anyone compete. I'm pretty sure the winner would be a BA ladder top 5 guy. But I could be wrong, It'd be close but Id love to see that :)
Any time anybody wants to 1v1 me, just gimme a pm, the rest of RoX would most likely be up for some clan games vs the BA guys too.

I'm trying my fourth reinstallation of xp on my desktop atm, so I may not be in the lobby for a while.
0 x

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

AF wrote:While the XTA Pros where learning the finer points of XTA, the AA Pros where relearning the latest releases from caydr every 3 or 4 weeks. This gave the best XTA players a years head start over the AA Pros.

Considering the AA pros then had to move to BA and learn the small differences and tactics for BA, I'd say the XTA Pros are far superior, simply because of the huge headstart.

E.G.

2 Groups of Jugglers. The Red ball jugglers and the blue ball jugglers.

For a year and a half they practice.

For the first year the shape size and consistency of the blue balls change wildly and randomly.

Who do you think has the superior ability to juggle the balls now? The red ball jugglers with the 1.5 years practice? Or the blue ball jugglers who've only had 6 months practising with a ball that doesnt transform its shape while in the air?

this is so wrong in so many levels i think you dont even know what your talking about --;;

we are talking about mods that are basically small mutations from OTA

Considering the AA pros then had to move to BA and learn the small differences and tactics for BA, I'd say the XTA Pros are far superior, simply because of the huge headstart.
ba never was a new mod, it merely repaired the "LOL WEZELS" version of aa, and then made some _SMALL_ adjustements. BA is and will always be balanced annihilation, a balanced_version_of_absolute_annihilation.

despite some major changes, like rezbots being on tier 1, the gameplay is still pretty much the same.

XTA too has always had its general playstyle, in the early days it had some drastic changes too but the gameplay was always the same in the core.
KDR_11k wrote: but seeing people try to play Gundam like "lol flashspam" makes it clear that the absense of single unit spam confuses many.
spam is the heart and soul of gundam gameplay O_o(correct me if im wrong ~_~)
0 x

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You are wrong. Gundam gameplay is modeled on the combat of the Gundam universe, to whit...

Careful micromanagement of unique units, tactical use of mixed squads and use of constructed defensive hard points.

You CAN spam single unit groups, but you'll tend to lose against somebody who has decided to play. T61 is an aberrant unit which hasn't been balanced perfectly yet.
0 x

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

i just spam those fast jetpack mechs and the ones with bazookas as a mix :-(
0 x

jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Sleksa wrote:i just spam those fast jetpack mechs and the ones with bazookas as a mix :-(
i just start as zeon and comrush and win.
0 x

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

jackalope wrote:
Sleksa wrote:i just spam those fast jetpack mechs and the ones with bazookas as a mix :-(

a comrush is fine too
0 x

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Commrush in S:44 is total win.
0 x

Day

Post by Day »

you people should know better than to talk back to sleksa
0 x

el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I can't believe this thread derailed to a ranking debate then accusations of suck leveled at different mods. Did anyone actually READ the first page?
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

jackalope wrote:
comm rush only works on a noob.
0 x

Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Or anyone who didnt pick zeon :/
0 x

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Ishach wrote:Or anyone who didnt pick zeon :/
Hey, Anti-air turrets!
0 x

Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I played a match where from the start i only made aa turrets while jackalope moved toward me and he still won
0 x

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You need to space them, and move your commander.
0 x

pintle

Post by pintle »

core boosters
0 x

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

pintle wrote:core boosters
You must be recalling Deci's old rush with them.
0 x

Return to “Ingame Community”