WINE and initStatic() fail

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Bla

Post by Bla »

I've downloaded openjdk and I'm running windows Spring portable on Linux, with WINE. My AI (that loaded 100% successfully on my old computer) keeps crashing saying that it failed initStatic(). I remember when I tried to get my Java AI working on the school macs with an emulator, it failed with a similar error, although that was a while ago, so i can't remember that clearly.

Do Java AIs not work well with emulators, namely WINE?
gajop

Re: WINE and initStatic() fail

Post by gajop »

No idea why you're doing this =)
Anyhow, you might need to install openjdk inside wine, is this possible?
Bla

Post by Bla »

gajop wrote:No idea why you're doing this =)
Sry for not replying, I put off getting the AI to work... but I am curious. Are there drawbacks to using WINE and spring instead of native linux spring? Lower performance? Only way to get Spring for linux is to build from source right?
gajop

Post by gajop »

Lower performance and possible bugs. It's a really bad idea.
You don't have to build from source, check the download page! Some distros have spring packages, there are staticly linked downloads on springrts you can download and lobbies such as SWL that will do it automatically for you.
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

I've downloaded openjdk and I'm running windows Spring portable on Linux, with WINE.
Which Spring? Java AI interface seems to generally be broken in some versions.
Bla

Post by Bla »

gajop wrote:Lower performance and possible bugs. It's a really bad idea.
You don't have to build from source, check the download page! Some distros have spring packages, there are staticly linked downloads on springrts you can download and lobbies such as SWL that will do it automatically for you.
Oh... thanks, totally didn't know that it was that easy as adding spring ppa to software sources then sudo apt-get spring...

Thanks!
Anarchid wrote: Which Spring? Java AI interface seems to generally be broken in some versions.
98.0, but I'm using WINE with spring on linux, so that could be the source of lots of problems...

Return to “AI”