Cryisis Sandbox for Spring Map Maker/editor

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

panckakes

Post by panckakes »

There was some dissusion around the fourms that you can make maps in the Crysis Sandbox editor and import them into spring so u can play on them. I just want to know if this is true and if u have any tutorials can u post them here cus I want to know how you do that becuase the cryengine is very advance engine and if u import it into spring that would be crazy :mrgreen:
MidKnight

Re: Cryisis Sandbox for Spring Map Maker/editor

Post by MidKnight »

What I think you meant:
I heard that the making of Spring maps using the Crysis Sandbox editor is possible. I would like to know if this is true, and if further information on this is available. Please post any tutorials you may have here, because I want to know how to do this. I also enjoy baselessly insulting the spring engine. Random unrelated emoticon.
What I read
I think it'll be very vool ya itd be awesome if we could do Map in da cysis engine! it where are the tutorals gimme gimme the tutorials!!1!1oneZ! :mrgreen: :P :P :-) :-) :-) :-) :P :P lololololol!

Use proper punctuation and grammar. People here will understand you better that way.
Gota

Post by Gota »

You dont even need to read the post..the thread title explains it all.
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

MidKnight wrote:What I think you meant:
I heard that the making of Spring maps using the Crysis Sandbox editor is possible. I would like to know if this is true, and if further information on this is available. Please post any tutorials you may have here, because I want to know how to do this. I also enjoy baselessly insulting the spring engine. Random unrelated emoticon.
What I read
I think it'll be very vool ya itd be awesome if we could do Map in da cysis engine! it where are the tutorals gimme gimme the tutorials!!1!1oneZ! :mrgreen: :P :P :-) :-) :-) :-) :P :P lololololol!

Use proper punctuation and grammar. People here will understand you better that way.

lol
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Gota wrote:You dont even need to read the post..the thread title explains it all.
I thought the OP was having a crisis, and thus wanted to model Spring maps, but wanted to know if it was possible by making the terrain in a sandbox, shooting the sandbox on film, uploading the images to a computer, and reconstructing a 3D simulation. Totally plausible scenario! :P
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

MidKnight wrote:
Gota wrote:You dont even need to read the post..the thread title explains it all.
I thought the OP was having a crisis, and thus wanted to model Spring maps, but wanted to know if it was possible by making the terrain in a sandbox, shooting the sandbox on film, uploading the images to a computer, and reconstructing a 3D simulation. Totally plausible scenario! :P

lol
having a crysis
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

no... ya but if u have any tutorials post them here
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

spring maps basically consist of

-greyscale heightmap
-texture

so anything that can export either of these two .bmps works
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

Thats easy enough,

Is there a way to import the lighting/atmosphere cus cryiss has verry good lighting detail and I think that spring has that it would look 100times more better

BaNa

Post by BaNa »

panckakes wrote:Thats easy enough,

Is there a way to import the lighting/atmosphere cus cryiss has verry good lighting detail and I think that spring has that it would look 100times more better
lighting - only if crysis bakes its shadows. I think there is a low probability of crysis having one hueg bmp for tex (my guess is that it would use multitexturing extensively).

Look guy, crysis is a bleeding edge fps while spring isnt. Different ballpark.
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

BaNa wrote:

lighting - only if crysis bakes its shadows. I think there is a low probability of crysis having one hueg bmp for tex (my guess is that it would use multitexturing extensively).

Look guy, crysis is a bleeding edge fps while spring isnt. Different ballpark.

ya true but people have to make steps to go towards better gameplay and gfx to make spring better u know we cant let spring stay at one time whereas other games and software are going ahead even tho we cant make spring look like crysis there has to be a start at someplace :mrgreen:

Probally best overall gfx i seen in spring
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

You haven't been looking very hard then... Which is no pay out on Argh, there's far better picks of PURE about...
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

lol 8)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I was the original guy that posted it is possible and probably the post you saw was mine.

I ported a map from Crysis to Spring but cause I'm a noob at map making an' all that, it didn't come out great. But the basic concept was all done using Sandbox 2.

You just need to export the heightmap and texture. I'm not sure about the other cool stuff but I'm sure they'd be some bonuses involved. For one thing, it's definitely easier the make a heightmap using Sandbox than doing it from a 2D graphic editor.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I still remember the first few promo vids of Spring; they had a map where the heightmap and texture was ripped directly from the battlefield 1942 map El Alamein...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

pure explosions look like dick in motion, but yeah nice stills. CA used to look alot sharper before it got fudged out with cartoony models and overblown fx (and the selection circle+xray widgets)
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Yeah.
What an ugly game.
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

no i didnt say it was ugly I was just wondering if you can get better atmosphere/effects when you import from
diff programs
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

panckakes wrote:no i didnt say it was ugly I was just wondering if you can get better atmosphere/effects when you import from
diff programs
I very highly doubt that.
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:You haven't been looking very hard then... Which is no pay out on Argh, there's far better picks of PURE about...
sorry but that was just one of my screenshots i took

Return to “Map Creation”