Help finding the BumpWater Tiles Generator PHP Script

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

The normal map for it is somehow cleverly tiled (base/bitmaps/waterbump.png), and the tiles are modulated, but I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of edge blending could have been used to generate it. There are some odd references in some documentation about a php script used to generate the tiles:

(" tooltip = "How many Tiles does the `normalTexture` have?\nSuch Tiles are used when DynamicWaves are enabled in BumpWater, the more the better.\n Check the example php script to generate such tiled bumpmaps.", ")

I even recall seeing this php script somewhere, but I can no longer locate it. Any help in locating it would be very welcome!
Beherith

Re: Help finding the BumpWater Tiles Generator PHP Script

Post by Beherith »

Despite my investigations, I was not able to decipher the order in which tiles are displayed, and it was proving exceedingly difficult to create a normal map that tiles arbitrarily in subtiles, but also has additional variations, so the next best thing is the following:

1. Use a bumpmap that is tiled along the waterbump at numtiles rate.
2. Create your fullsize (doesnt have to tile) bumpmap.
3. Blend the edges of each small tile to come from the tiled version, centers of tiles can come from the fullsize versions.
Beherith

Re: Help finding the BumpWater Tiles Generator PHP Script

Post by Beherith »

Here is a very exagerated example for numtiles = 4
Attachments
bumpwaterexample.png

Return to “Engine”