Big Bug thread for 0.82.2/3 - Report bugs here

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Well I've had a lot of bugs so far with new release so I thought I might as well make a thread reporting them all. I guess other people can report their own here too.
I'll update it every time I get a new bug ^_^

I shall strikethrough all the bugs that are now fixed for me.

My current bugs:
  • When mousewheel is clicked, the screen toggless bright green.
  • The widget "MiniMap Start Boxes used to and should disable itself once the game has started, now though, it stays after the game starts and throughout the game.
  • Two highlighting widgets I have both have the same problem in that when they're turned on, whenever I hover over a unit it highlights it but also makes half my screen either green or blue depending on which widget I use.
  • The Idle Units widget I use (Bottom of my screen) now shows some facs if not all brighter than usual.
  • Whenever a GUI widget than uses Minimaps is enabled, my green flashes shades of green whenever I build a unit. I spoke to MeltraX and after me commenting out some lines he said "Hmm, does anyone here know if something in gl.DrawMiniMap() changed?" - Update: Doesn't happen every game, it didn't happen for a while so I thought it had fixed itself somehow, then I got it again today ┬¼_┬¼
  • The Custom Icons widget now needs an update to fix the Com Icon as the change which made Games spawn the start units instead of the Engine borked this widget and made it show the Com as a Con. Also, some units now show as bigger radar blobs than they used to. Oh and when Com cloaks, its custom icon stops functioning.
  • This is a biggie (Engine bug). When I try to move units to a position, some of the units spaz out once the first unit reaches its movement target. Not sure if this is something to do with units trying to make space for other units when you order multiple units to move to one spot. But yeah, big pathing bug that needs attention.
  • Spring has always had this problem, but I thought I might as well finally say something about it. The Exit screen doesn't expand to fit more than so many players.
  • This has been around for ever too. Endgame screen graphs look ugly and go off the screen.
  • I can't see projectiles of any air bombers (Others get this too, not just me)
  • This is a bug with BA I think. When players coop, only the coop's Com's spawn. Everybody who isn't in a coop doesn't spawn a Com.
  • In BA, when you take a Com from somebody's who's left, you don't get the resources and storage of that Com so you're just taking the extra Com unit and nothing else.
  • Game ends randomly in mid-game sometimes when it shouldn't do. Something to do with desyncs.
  • In BA, your storage doesn't go below the starting resources all game. Probably something to do with the Game spawning the starting unit instead of the Engine.
  • Area reclaiming is bugged. The command is either ignored or completed in a weird order.
Last edited by Jazcash on 16 Aug 2010, 14:23, edited 10 times in total.
Baladin

Re: Big Bug thread for 0.82.2/3 - Report bugs here

Post by Baladin »

Please undo all changes to pathing because tbh it has been totally ruined

If you try to send units as a group they seem to form a long line and get owned 1 by 1
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I can't see projectiles of any air bombers (Others get this too, not just me)
Most if not all projectiles in CT are not showing up.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Pathing issues confirmed here. A group of 100 lighttanks in evo told to go in a looong line... Some of them go straight for where they are supposed to, the others start to go in circles.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Sounds are muffled

Game spams "Warning: sync checking disabled!" every few seconds
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Sounds are muffled because of a hidden setting that isn't in springsettings.

Air Absorption. Sounds like you jsut turned down all the treble. Open up your infolog and look for where the springsettings config file is located. Open up the config file and set air absorption to 0.
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

Hey at least you guys can get spring to start. :)
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Amazing, nobody has experienced this problem yet; MT .exe = sync errors.

http://www.uploadgeek.com/share-369D_4C666D80.html
http://www.uploadgeek.com/share-58FC_4C666E58.html

And this only happens with the MT build. Although I dont know if it happened because I was hosting with MT build, but it has also caused some problems to a plenty of other players.
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

'Minimap start boxes' widget shows players as little dots in the minimap rather than circles

If bset mo_coop = 1 then everyone but the coop doesnt spawn with a com and the people in the coop get 1000k resources, eventually it crashes - It doesn't matter if there is a coop or not, just if the setting for coop is turned on

For me, prospector widget is grayed out with the new F4 screen
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

about the pathfinding, if it's not a bug just revert it asap
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

Yep, I just had my com on the front line and I clicked backwards when he was about 40% and the com just walked straight in the opposite direction into the enemy and blew all my units up

This is #1 problem with new spring, fix it
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

Jazcash wrote:This is a biggie (Engine bug). When I try to move units to a position, some of the units spaz out once the first unit reaches its movement target. Not sure if this is something to do with units trying to make space for other units when you order multiple units to move to one spot. But yeah, big pathing bug that needs attention.
That's not related to pathing, but to some other code deciding to give extra move orders.
Forboding Angel wrote:Pathing issues confirmed here. A group of 100 lighttanks in evo told to go in a looong line... Some of them go straight for where they are supposed to, the others start to go in circles.
Baladin wrote:If you try to send units as a group they seem to form a long line and get owned 1 by 1
Does giving line-move orders help?
Baladin wrote:Yep, I just had my com on the front line and I clicked backwards when he was about 40% and the com just walked straight in the opposite direction into the enemy and blew all my units up
Replay?
Last edited by Kloot on 14 Aug 2010, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

line-move orders is the only kind I give, with custom formations

http://replays.adune.nl/?2688

Here is the replay of the com fail

Edit: the replay failed to upload properly for some reason - im blaming new spring
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wow. Another big bug. Just watched a game where it thought the game ended and stopped the server half way through and gave everybody the game over screen as if the game did actually end...

Here's the replay but I dunno if it will upload properly as Adune hasn't been tweaked for 0.82.3 yet. http://replays.adune.nl/?2689
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

if someone is desynced, it will instaquit autohosts when the game ends for him, and since sync check is disabled in that host, it's very likely that what i described happened
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

BrainDamage wrote:if someone is desynced, it will instaquit autohosts when the game ends for him, and since sync check is disabled in that host, it's very likely that what i described happened
Well it quit the game for everybody, we all desynced? :D
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

read again my sentence, all it needs is 1 player having gameover ... the first it does will make the game close for everyone
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Oh right ok...
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Umm. I posted this in the news post, but I don't see it in here: set Cob constant 102 no longer works.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Source tar ball does not contain C++ AI Wrapper. This has been discussed and we now have my own project as well as unpublicised projects available.

Can somebody generate them and put them in the standalone source download?

Return to “Engine”