[Spring 91.0] Start Bug BA - Page 2

[Spring 91.0] Start Bug BA

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

AntiAllez

Re: [Spring 91.0] Start Bug BA

Post by AntiAllez »

that will not help to fix the graphix errors...

plz explain me that function; what happens at 1 and what at 0?

it seems to me that the timelaps to reload a running game slows with that setting. maybe I'm also on the wrong track
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Okay, please explain your graphics errors. I read all your posts but found nothing about it, only the graphics driver crash that I provided a fix for.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

i cant use the widgets "highlightunit" and "allyselectedunit"

very old topic
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

zerver wrote: MultiThreadShareLists = 0
Adjusts this setting the mutex control? Do you think this bootproblems caused by Deadlocks? and MTSL=0 activates any avoidance/rollback/livelock functions? thx for education!
tdnur

Post by tdnur »

I got this problem (This application has requested the Runtime to ...) when I try to access Expert Mode Settings... Lobby then crashes.. Also when I want to play online (buddy hosts) it crashes, without error... why is that?
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

It seems to me that Norton dislike Spring. Its better to handle the Firewall manuel for Springl!! Next time I will watch if thats enough or not.

Another way to fix this problems you can find here
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

AntiAllez wrote:Adjusts this setting the mutex control? Do you think this bootproblems caused by Deadlocks? and MTSL=0 activates any avoidance/rollback/livelock functions?
No, no and... no!

Sorry for late reply but MultiThreadShareLists controls whether OpenGL objects can be shared between two threads, in this case the sim and render threads. Typically the sim thread creates an object that the render thread then uses. Some drivers don't implement this feature correctly, and that is why you have problems.

If you set MTSL=0 you will force the engine to create all objects in the render thread. However, Lua code may still create objects in the sim thread, and this causes some incompatibility with games/widgets - you will see error spam in the console.

Return to “Help & Bugs”