[Job Opportunity] MVC .Net Developer (ScanFiles, Inc.)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Basically the company I work for is looking for a MVC .Net dev. I already reached out to Smoth so he's got dibs, but it seems like he can't take it on at the moment.

There is an epic shitload of work to be done. You can read about the company at http://www.scanfiles.com

There are roughly 50 people in the organization. I am the IT Manager, so you would be working fairly closely with me and a few other management types as well as the CEO in order to get what we need. Most of the instruction and descriptions would come from myself or said CEO.

Basically, as you can guess, we are a Document scanning company. We take mail, medical reports, legal documents, etc and digitize them and categorize them for clients.

Currently the software that is used for our data entry and scanning processes was built in 2006 and cannot function on newer versions of windows. This is an obvious issue due to the fact that we need to be able to update everything in the business. A lot of automation needs to happen in the scanning process. We do have a .Net dev, but he is busy working with one of our sister companies at the moment and cannot afford the time needed to work for us.

Specific processes of how the programs work will be provided if interested. It's kinda involved. Long story short, these programs have to be built from scratch (the previous dev didn't know how to use versioning software... I'm not kidding -_- This is the same guy that dumped a git in a google drive and dropbox.

Anyway, there is a lot of work to be done. This is very much a solid offer. Initially I would only be referring you to the ceo. If hired or contracted for the job, then you would work with myself and others in the company familiar with the processes to build a framework ofwhat is needed, flesh it out, then actually build it. I am looking for scale-ability. Something that will launch us into the future and be extendable to cover new uses without rebuilding the entire thing from scratch.

I'm kind of jumping into this feet first. I have been with the company for about 2 weeks, and the processes are involved and complicated. Rest assured that you would be 100% clear on what you are building and working on before you actually start building it. This would not be a "build it and fix it as you go" sort of thing. I have been in situations like that before, and would not subject anyone else to that sort of torture lol

Posting here as a last resort before going to craigslist QQ

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”