It's Friday how bored are you?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

So I am genenerating testing documentation detailing how to acess pages and reports my code has touched, 30 left to do. Christ I feel like a data entry person doing this crap but hey it has to be done :/. I have ratattat's 17 years playing to complete my assembly line day. 4 more hours, just four more
Hoi

Re: It's Friday how bored are you?

Post by Hoi »

Only had 3 hours of school today, now I have a whole week of no school. Hanged out with a few friends for an hour after school and went home. Was kind of tired, just woke up from 5h of afternoon sleep. Going to assemble a computer now with some nice music on the background.

This is a good Friday.

Also, fun fun fun fun.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I'm not bored... I have this Image on my desk...

slightly annoyed that twitpic doesn't seem to want to save rotation...

also wish people would comment on my blog... I'm gonna start having to post my crazy ideas in off-topic again...
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

You probably should do both. People usually don't like your crazy ideas at first but most of the time the thread gets an interesting discussion, and the ideas are good usually.

Hmm, maybe I should start a blog.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

Im very bored, so bored that writing aplications for my internship is almost an option.
Hoi wrote:Only had 3 hours of school today
poor you, I had 1,5h this moring where I was physically present.
Last edited by Machete234 on 29 Apr 2011, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I have a number of unprofitable ideas for games I could pass on to bored developers.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i disagree. its friday afternoon, im somewhat bored, but at the same time i'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork than read one of sinbads ideas

and no its not that they have no merit, its that none of them ever get done, or even reach 10%. i'm sick of watching him fail over and over again, changing ideas like an ADD kid on crack with a tv remote, and spamming our nice community with his completely unrelated flotsam. the discussion then pans wider into the nature of human motivation, pushing aside any responsibility or desire to finish a project by blaming it on some sort of brain chemical imbalance.

the only thing making him tolerable at this point is that he hasn't posted one of his idea threads in a few weeks. having one again now would be like handing a texas mickey to a recovering alcoholic.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

KaiserJ wrote:i disagree. its friday afternoon, im somewhat bored, but at the same time i'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork than read one of sinbads ideas

and no its not that they have no merit, its that none of them ever get done, or even reach 10%. i'm sick of watching him fail over and over again, changing ideas like an ADD kid on crack with a tv remote, and spamming our nice community with his completely unrelated flotsam. the discussion then pans wider into the nature of human motivation, pushing aside any responsibility or desire to finish a project by blaming it on some sort of brain chemical imbalance.

the only thing making him tolerable at this point is that he hasn't posted one of his idea threads in a few weeks. having one again now would be like handing a texas mickey to a recovering alcoholic.
+1
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

nothing would make me happier than to see a sinbad post about his finished project for us to try.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

ROYAL WEDDING <3
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:ROYAL WEDDING <3
my neighbors invited me to come over starting at 3am to watch; they were keeping their 3 young kids awake all night to watch it; i just fail to see any relevance here... maybe if i lived in england it might impact me somehow, but i'm half a world away...

totally misses the mark with me. also i thought "omg the terrorists will come" but it never happened

chief torturer from egypt is an honored guest there, i wonder if he'll come to MY wedding?

i'd rather get up at 3am to watch smoth and panda get married in some gundam zombie ceremony (actually its not a fair comparison because this example is much more engaging)
smoth

Post by smoth »

Someone did get married in front of the big gundam statue
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

KaiserJ wrote:nothing would make me happier than to see a sinbad post about his finished project for us to try.
+1

I'd really like it if I actually did the crazy stuff I talk about doing too.

I'm also annoyed that any time I post any of my ideas discussion devolves into me claiming I have some kind of chronic lack of motivation or follow through that I believe is a valid excuse for my laziness.

But I also REALLY like spouting off random crap and really enjoy getting feedback on said random crap so, while I agree this in not the place for it I also really miss the guaranteed feedback (albeit often negative) I used to receive by spamming my ideas here.
Panda

Post by Panda »

SinbadEV wrote:also wish people would comment on my blog... I'm gonna start having to post my crazy ideas in off-topic again...
You seem to have a lot of posts about programming games and html. I haven't written anything in html in forever and don't really remember much of it. I've only written one post on my blog about games and it doesn't have anything to do with coding them:

http://www.smoth.net/drupal/blog/thoughts-game-designs

I don't mind your crazy ideas, but I don't think that I can really give you very much feedback on your blog because I don't know that much about coding for them. Some of them seem a little far fetch to me because they require money to.
KaiserJ wrote:some gundam zombie ceremony
I happen to like giant robots and robots in general.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

would you rather have a robots only wedding or a robot AND zombie wedding though
Panda

Post by Panda »

KaiserJ wrote:would you rather have a robots only wedding or a robot AND zombie wedding though
Lol, I don't know. That's a difficult choice.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Machete234 wrote:
Hoi wrote:Only had 3 hours of school today
poor you, I had 1,5h this moring where I was physically present.
lucky u, 8h nightshift.
Panda

Post by Panda »

PicassoCT wrote:Image
Unusual looking wedding.

I think that the prettiest weddings that I've ever seen were in Antebellum homes or the church.

Last edited by Panda on 30 Apr 2011, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Its a korean sect, infamous for there mass weddings, of people handselcted by there leader. My dad was into that, when he was young ... its a fair chance, if four thousand randomly dicerolled people marry, the odds are good that at least one happy couple emerges.

Rolling
Check out there troublz

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”