General Election - Derailed into religion, morality and life - Page 4

General Election - Derailed into religion, morality and life

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
User avatar
Spawn_Retard
Posts: 1248
Joined: 21 Dec 2006, 14:36

Re: General Election

Post by Spawn_Retard »

User avatar
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer
Posts: 7031
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 13:08

Re: General Election

Post by zwzsg »

Therefore everybody who says the word nigger is racist.
No, it depends on the context. A single word is rarely enough to know the opinion.
Even the black people who say it.
It would be racism to believe black people are racially unable to be racist.
I've used the term "nigger" before in the past just a sort of joke without even knowing what it meant.
Explain me the funny in that joke.

If a single word is enough to make you laugh, it's either because it pronunciation sounds funny, or because you have attached to it meanings that makes you giggle (such as the word penis). Henceforth, you lie when pretending you didn't know what it meant.
I never use the word seriously any more because I understand how wrong it is.
To eradicate some words is not to eradicate racism. Words in themselves can be used for good or for bad. It's the way you use them.
I treat any race of people the same as anybody else. I am in no way a racist.
But you just said you treat non english people living in england different from english people!
England is being invaded. In some years time, there will be more non-english people in England than english people and there's plenty of data to prove it.
Again, I once said something racist, that doesn't make me a racist.
You keep on defending racist ideas, that does make you a racist.
User avatar
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer
Posts: 2699
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 13:31

Re: General Election

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Totally off topic, but anthropologists and geneticists don't think there is a race any more, but instead people in various regions of earth have developed phenotypes from the adaptation of their environment. There are a ton of papers out there on how sociology and anthropology will have to remove the concept of race as a genetic concept to just a physical characteristic for classification. So with that you could call all fat people the same race, or all tall people (really a stretch). Racism is just physical similarity focused bigotry.
User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Re: General Election

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I wonder what evolutionary purpose the thinner eyes of asians serve over the wider eyes of westerners
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer
Posts: 1948
Joined: 21 Sep 2004, 08:25

Re: General Election

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I wonder what evolutionary purpose the male nipple has.
User avatar
Cabbage
Posts: 1548
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 22:34

Re: General Election

Post by Cabbage »

Jaz, you're a blithering idiot.

And if Gordon get in again, for his second unelected stint as prime minister i will form a one man fucking riot. At least that witch Jackie Smith lost her seat, though i don't understand how Hazel Blears manged to cling on.
User avatar
Cabbage
Posts: 1548
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 22:34

Re: General Election

Post by Cabbage »

SpikedHelmet wrote:I wonder what evolutionary purpose the male nipple has.
They're like stabilizers when you learn to ride a bike. Practice makes perfect.. you just need a felxible neck.
User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: General Election

Post by Jazcash »

Therefore everybody who says the word nigger is racist.
zwzsg wrote:No, it depends on the context. A single word is rarely enough to know the opinion.
That was my point. It was sarcasm.
Even the black people who say it.
zwzsg wrote:It would be racism to believe black people are racially unable to be racist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3x8J10kg7M
I've used the term "nigger" before in the past just a sort of joke without even knowing what it meant.
zwzsg wrote:Explain me the funny in that joke.
Well, maybe not joke. More of just rhetorical impersonation. Aka: "Wazz'up nigger!?". It's not meant to be offensive, it's just typical 'gangsta speak'.
zwzsg wrote:If a single word is enough to make you laugh, it's either because it pronunciation sounds funny, or because you have attached to it meanings that makes you giggle (such as the word penis). Henceforth, you lie when pretending you didn't know what it meant.
The word itself is a evolved form of "nergo" and so on and dates back to the slave trade era where it was used as a derogatory term for slaves. I never knew the history behind it then and why people called each other that.
I never use the word seriously any more because I understand how wrong it is.
zwzsg wrote:To eradicate some words is not to eradicate racism. Words in themselves can be used for good or for bad. It's the way you use them.
Indeed. But using racial slur makes people think you're racist which I don't want people to think.
I treat any race of people the same as anybody else. I am in no way a racist.
zwzsg wrote:But you just said you treat non english people living in england different from english people!
?
Again, I once said something racist, that doesn't make me a racist.
zwzsg wrote:You keep on defending racist ideas, that does make you a racist.
I'm not defending racist ideas. I'm defending the legitimate policies the BNP have. If you find anything racist in the BNP's policies, point it out and I'll be happy to accuse it instead of defending it.
User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: General Election

Post by Jazcash »

forest_devil wrote: deporting people of the Islamic race is racist
Islam is not a race, it is a religion.

forest_devil wrote: either way its still discriminating and hating people for no decent reason
If there was no decent reason, the BNP wouldn't care would they. There are many reasons why I and the BNP are against Islam, as are many people.
Peet wrote:That is a really dumb argument. Discrimination based on religion, nationality, and ethnicity are usually all called racism. Even if it technically doesn't fit the dictionary definition of racism it is still a form of discrimination very similar to that based upon racism, and is still invariably immoral.
Racism is the discrimination against a certain race. That's why it's called racism. Discrimination isn't always a bad thing.
If you consider racism to be discrimination against religion then you are very much mistaken.
User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: General Election

Post by Jazcash »

SpikedHelmet wrote:If you're really against immigration then do us a favour, go around your house and chuck out every single piece item you can find that wasn't made in Britain, and see how easy your life is without the rest of the world.
Now what does that have to do with immigration?
SpikedHelmet wrote:Now you claim you're not racist, but you and the BNP seem to have based your politics on the fact that there are more brown people around than you'd like.
I'm not even going to read the rest because now you're just making up your own statements and beliefs. I couldn't care less about the number of black people in my country. People seem to think the reason I vote for the BNP is because of immigration alone. As I said, I don't support the BNP because of their stance on immigration. I support them because I agree with 90% of their policies which nobody seems to be arguing against?
Last edited by Jazcash on 07 May 2010, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Peet
Malcontent
Posts: 4382
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 22:04

Re: General Election

Post by Peet »

Jazcash wrote:Discrimination isn't always a bad thing.
Sums up your point of view nicely. You can stop talking now.
User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: General Election

Post by Jazcash »

Peet wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Discrimination isn't always a bad thing.
Sums up your point of view nicely. You can stop talking now.
Ok, so there's a few definitions of "discrimination".

discriminate - treat differently on the basis of sex or race

discriminating - Able to perceive fine distinctions between similar things; perceptive; Having a discerning judgment or taste

discriminate - recognize or perceive the difference

When I talk about discriminating, I mean treating an individual or group of people differently because of trait that belongs only to that group or individual.

Of course, in most cases this is a bad thing. But for example, there are a few nazis left in the world. Are you calling me "racist" for wanting them out of my country? I believe that makes you a "racist".
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Re: General Election

Post by Neddie »

Prejudice against those who practice a particular religion depends on the recognition of the individual as an adherent to that religion. This is commonly constructed in the case of Islam through evaluating the ethnicity of the individual and determining whether or not he or she comes from a locale and culture which generally practices Islam. Thus, below the level of religious discrimination there is the practice of racial discrimination and stereotyping being used to identify those who are targeted by the religious prejudice.

TL;DR - People use racial, that is to say ethnic, prejudice to establish grounds for the practice of religious prejudice. This is particularly evident in the rhetoric and activities of those aligned against Islam and Judaism.
User avatar
Spawn_Retard
Posts: 1248
Joined: 21 Dec 2006, 14:36

Re: General Election

Post by Spawn_Retard »

gordon brown isnt the main issue, david cameron is the person you should run a riot against.
User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: General Election

Post by Jazcash »

Neddie wrote: TL;DR - People use racial, that is to say ethnic, prejudice to establish grounds for the practice of religious prejudice. This is particularly evident in the rhetoric and activities of those aligned against Islam and Judaism.
People shouldn't associate religion with a particular race definitively. Agreed that some religions are based mainly upon a particular race. However, most religions can apply to any race and therefore, anybody of any race can belong to one of those religions.
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Re: General Election

Post by Neddie »

Jazcash wrote:
Neddie wrote: TL;DR - People use racial, that is to say ethnic, prejudice to establish grounds for the practice of religious prejudice. This is particularly evident in the rhetoric and activities of those aligned against Islam and Judaism.
People shouldn't associate religion with a particular race definitively. Agreed that some religions are based mainly upon a particular race. However, most religions can apply to any race and therefore, anybody of any race can belong to one of those religions.
Except this is reality, and most people do. Humans function around inscribed stereotypes in order to simplify reality.

The point of my earlier statement is to clarify that while an anti-Islam stance is ostensibly an expression of religious prejudice, in practice it usually manifests in ethnic prejudice at a lower level.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer
Posts: 1948
Joined: 21 Sep 2004, 08:25

Re: General Election

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Jazcash wrote:
SpikedHelmet wrote:If you're really against immigration then do us a favour, go around your house and chuck out every single piece item you can find that wasn't made in Britain, and see how easy your life is without the rest of the world.
Now what does that have to do with immigration?
I'm not even going to read the rest
Maybe if you'd read the rest you'd know.
When I talk about discriminating, I mean treating an individual or group of people differently because of trait that belongs only to that group or individual.
More accurately, a trait that is perceived to belong only to that group, which is the crux of prejudism. You don't hate brown people because they're brown, but because you believe all brown people act a certain way (are terrorists/criminals/thugs/terk yer jerb/etc), which ultimately results in the same thing, which you're trying to avoid by playing semantics with definitions.

It's funny that you bring up Nazis and how you "dont want them in your country, now is that a bad thing?" and how you've tried to connect the barbaric genocide conducted by Nazis with immigrants taking your jobs.
User avatar
Sucky_Lord
Posts: 531
Joined: 22 Aug 2008, 16:29

Re: General Election

Post by Sucky_Lord »

So to sum it all up: Jaz has some pretty shit parenting
User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: General Election

Post by Jazcash »

Neddie wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
Neddie wrote: The point of my earlier statement is to clarify that while an anti-Islam stance is ostensibly an expression of religious prejudice, in practice it usually manifests in ethnic prejudice at a lower level.
Very much so. But only because that's the way the mind works.

Somebody may dislike somebody who belongs to a group (As we all do). In their lifetime, they end up disliking many people from that same group.

Eventually, that person just decides to dislike that group in general because that's the way their mind is telling them to think. The disliked people are misrepresenting their group and giving it a bad name if you like.

The person may not genuinely dislike everybody in that group and if asked why he dislikes that group, he may not be able to explain it because it's just something that has developed in him over time.

This is why I regularly remind myself of what I think and why I think it. It keeps me "down to earth". Other people's views have an impact on the human mind but if people think for themselves and explore the background of things they believe, they can come to terms with it and are able to justify it.
User avatar
Sucky_Lord
Posts: 531
Joined: 22 Aug 2008, 16:29

Re: General Election

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Actually my comment may have been a bit harsh.

But imo there is no place for racists in england
Locked

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”