Red Alert 3 - Page 2

Red Alert 3

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Foxomaniac

Re: Red Alert 3

Post by Foxomaniac »

Black and white was pretty shite as is.

They were like, Hey! Let's take a gimmick and turn it into an essential gameplay element. Brilliant! Now let's add in boring, purposeless "gameplay" to go with said gimmick and we'll call it a game!

Buttons over silly drawings over anyday. Plox.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

yes the silly drawings were gimicky and some of the stuff could have been improved but the creature and game itself was amazing and had great potential but it epic failed with the sequel

but old C&C's > new C&C's
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Merely an opinion.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

otherside is a plague to forum topics. This is the Red Alert 3 topic otherside, not the general EA hate topic nor the "I hates games that are pretty" topic Please go away :(
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

eeeh stfu ? i commented about C&C in my posts and the EA thing has to do with C&C

just cos u bitch about srufff about CA and i prove ur being an idiot (zomg reclaim speeds)

stfu plz if u dont like my comments ignore
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

What the heck? Isn't this called cannibalizing your own sales? :S Why another game so soon?
I2:Isaacment_Day

Post by I2:Isaacment_Day »

generals was rly fun if you didnt see that i guess you'er an idiot
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Caydr wrote:What the heck? Isn't this called cannibalizing your own sales? :S Why another game so soon?
Didn't you see you get the beta if you buy CnC3.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Caydr wrote:What the heck? Isn't this called cannibalizing your own sales? :S Why another game so soon?
Are people really still buying C&C3?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Buying? Yarr!
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

I2:Isaacment_Day wrote:generals was rly fun if you didnt see that i guess you'er an idiot

yes generals was fun.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Otherside wrote:eeeh stfu ? i commented about C&C in my posts and the EA thing has to do with C&C

just cos u bitch about srufff about CA and i prove ur being an idiot (zomg reclaim speeds)

stfu plz if u dont like my comments ignore
It's worthless spam and has nothing to do in the Red Alert 3 topic. EA antifanboys are so shitty, spamming up every topic about an EA game with hate for no god damn reason. We get it. You hate EA. Now STFU unless you have comments that are at least remotely related to Red Alert 3.

Also FYI, the last post you posted before I wrote that had nothing to do with Red Alert 3 and only about how you hated EA, with 1% of a C&C mentioned just to pretend you're on topic.

Also, since you just had to bring CA up: Licho and Saktoth both think the current reclaim times are sort of wrong too. Call them idiots for me too please.
Last edited by ZellSF on 16 Feb 2008, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Where have you seen walkers or mechs?
Gota

Post by Gota »

I only liked red alert 1 and didnt really get a chance to play the first c&c.
From that point on it all went downhill imo,especially cause they focused on the campaign so much and making dumb movies with dumb dialoges.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Gota wrote:I only liked red alert 1 and didnt really get a chance to play the first c&c.
From that point on it all went downhill imo,especially cause they focused on the campaign so much and making dumb movies with dumb dialoges.
cmon red alerts campaign was super awesome. the others had shitty vids, but RA had really fun ones
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Campaign focus was and is needed. There's far too few RTS games with good campaigns nowadays.

I'm currently playing through Tiberian Sun's campaign. It's still very much fun.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Nostalgia people (i.e. Needs more RA1)? Check.
OMGWTF-EA-SUXXORZ people? Check.
The It-wasn't-so-bad/It's-just-a-game people? Check.

HA HA HA JUST AS PLANNED!!!!

But really on a more serious note...

Ive never really hated any of the C&C games that have come out (though i missed Renegade and haven't played TibWars except for the demo). I've always looked forward to the next C&C game and RA3 is no different. Hell i enjoyed generals (though ZH screwed it all to hell balance wise [has been fixed by the Shockwave mod]) and looking at some of the early concept work for the game it might have been a hell of a lot weirder.

The co-op campaign sounds interesting and is something i've wanted in a mainstream RTS for a while. The art style continues the RA2 tradition which im totally fine with. A focus on naval as well as land combat is welcome news. All in All im looking forward to seeing more about the game.

And as to the EA milking its product line stuff. Yeah they are but then again the people who are gonna buy Kane's Wrath (which comes with a chance at the beta, no guarantee) are the same people who are gonna probably buy RA3 when it comes out.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

NOiZE wrote:
I2:Isaacment_Day wrote:generals was rly fun if you didnt see that i guess you'er an idiot

yes generals was fun.
I played it alot online too
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Generals was a pretty good game, but the only thing I thought was really interesting about it were those command abilities you could use. Otherwise it seemed pretty formulaic, not as interesting as the previous CnC games were. And wasn't it the game that marked EA buying westwood and subsequently firing all of them?
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Generals was pretty well balanced, so much that blizzard was impressed and hired that bald guy to lord over freaking StarCraft2.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”