Where I find those mods? - Page 2

Where I find those mods?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer
Posts: 14564
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 02:43

Post by Forboding Angel » 19 Nov 2006, 21:09

Storm wrote:No, we don't have the bandwith issues anymore, since we don't host the lobby map download.

That thing costed us near a third of our entire bandwidth and we never got as much as a thank you for it. That made Nexus angry and he did a stupid thing purging all the maps from the server... which is why unknown-files is the major site in that regard. Although don't get me wrong, I don't disagree - FU and UF are partnersides, not enemies.

Just coming in waving a bit that "Hello, we're not all dead yet" :)

(and seeking a mod for the Spring section of the site)
Well I can understand, but honestly, how could we thank him? In all honesty donations are pretty much a wash cause most of the ppl here are underage and are not gonna part with any money, and for the most part the rest of us are struggling college students who can't really afford to do anything but pay bills.

I am appreciative of nexus' help. But I don't really see any way of thanking him that would come close to matching the scale of how much he did for us. Suffice it to say that we are very grateful.

Honestly, UF has a much better backend database than FU and for that I am very thankful. I am well aware that very few of you guys at FU as php coders, and that's fine. FU's database works quite well, but UF's is more towards my personal liking.

Regardless of any of the above, it is nice to see that FU is back around. I was sad to see FU go :cry:

One thing I do miss, is being an admin over the maps section. I spent a lot of time trying to maintain that section, and I had full control over my own maps in that section. I miss that.
0 x

User avatar
Storm
Posts: 443
Joined: 12 Sep 2004, 22:23

Post by Storm » 19 Nov 2006, 22:26

The question was wherever or not to add ads in the map downloading section of the lobby. That would make him break even once in a while. People refused, so he just cut it.

Our database has just been rewritten, btw (if you haven't seen the new page) and we actually have a working function now, beleive it or not, haha.

As for being mod/admin, doesn't UF have that function? I'm sure you get it if you asked.
0 x

ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF » 19 Nov 2006, 22:39

manored wrote:Downloaded the newest EE but... it doesnt work. The game just seems to ignore his existence on the mods folder...
Download it from UF or get someone to send it to you. the current link in #ee is a corrupted archive, it seems.
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear » 20 Nov 2006, 03:21

Storm wrote:The question was wherever or not to add ads in the map downloading section of the lobby. That would make him break even once in a while. People refused, so he just cut it.

As for being mod/admin, doesn't UF have that function? I'm sure you get it if you asked.
It was discussed at length and pretty much universally decided that since we are non profit, third party adds are inappropriate.

Cuppy(iamacup) is the primary admin at UF, it probably would be fairly trivial for him to add more admins, but I think right now he's the only one who does it, at least actively...
0 x

User avatar
LordMatt
Posts: 3393
Joined: 15 May 2005, 04:26

Post by LordMatt » 20 Nov 2006, 07:39

Hrmph is also an admin at UF, IIRC.
0 x

tombom
Posts: 1933
Joined: 18 Dec 2005, 20:21

Post by tombom » 20 Nov 2006, 11:13

Forboding Angel wrote:One thing I do miss, is being an admin over the maps section. I spent a lot of time trying to maintain that section, and I had full control over my own maps in that section. I miss that.
I am pretty worried that if you become an admin at unknown-files you will start culling gimmick maps. Making a category or something is fine but there is nothing wrong with them :o

Also Fang it may be a beta but nobody cool plays EE 0.163 anymore because the beta is good and stable. Uploading the beta to unknown-files just makes it easier for normal people to start playing it. Don't complain that people aren't playing your mod if you are going to complain when somebody does one of the most important things to make your mod more visible.
0 x

manored
Posts: 3179
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 00:37

Post by manored » 20 Nov 2006, 16:36

tombom wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:One thing I do miss, is being an admin over the maps section. I spent a lot of time trying to maintain that section, and I had full control over my own maps in that section. I miss that.
I am pretty worried that if you become an admin at unknown-files you will start culling gimmick maps. Making a category or something is fine but there is nothing wrong with them :o

Also Fang it may be a beta but nobody cool plays EE 0.163 anymore because the beta is good and stable. Uploading the beta to unknown-files just makes it easier for normal people to start playing it. Don't complain that people aren't playing your mod if you are going to complain when somebody does one of the most important things to make your mod more visible.
Also you should check if the files you put to download will work then someone download em.
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear » 20 Nov 2006, 16:44

tombom wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:One thing I do miss, is being an admin over the maps section. I spent a lot of time trying to maintain that section, and I had full control over my own maps in that section. I miss that.
I am pretty worried that if you become an admin at unknown-files you will start culling gimmick maps. Making a category or something is fine but there is nothing wrong with them :o

Also Fang it may be a beta but nobody cool plays EE 0.163 anymore because the beta is good and stable. Uploading the beta to unknown-files just makes it easier for normal people to start playing it. Don't complain that people aren't playing your mod if you are going to complain when somebody does one of the most important things to make your mod more visible.
He didn't do it at FU. He was a really good admin at FU when he was admin there, lots of time fixing people's broken uploads for them and what not.
0 x

tombom
Posts: 1933
Joined: 18 Dec 2005, 20:21

Post by tombom » 20 Nov 2006, 20:47

SwiftSpear wrote: He didn't do it at FU. He was a really good admin at FU when he was admin there, lots of time fixing people's broken uploads for them and what not.
I was mostly joking. :P
0 x

User avatar
MadRat
Posts: 532
Joined: 24 Oct 2006, 13:45

Post by MadRat » 21 Nov 2006, 05:38

0 x

User avatar
hrmph
Posts: 1054
Joined: 12 May 2005, 20:08

Post by hrmph » 21 Nov 2006, 06:01

I've spent a good bit of time organizing the maps section of UF. Noize is a UF admin as well. Of course the all mighty buddha cup is master admin.
0 x

User avatar
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer
Posts: 1509
Joined: 22 Nov 2005, 22:58

Post by Fanger » 21 Nov 2006, 09:56

When was I complaining about my mod not being played.. Hrm.. I mean seriously, and if it doesnt work, its USER ERROR.. there is nothing funny about the mod.. I dont want the beta being passed around as a public release because its not finished yet, and I want people to understand that, and not complain about certain things that may be percieved as bugs.. making it hard to access is meh for me..

I will do what I please with my mod, and if that means making it impossibly hard to find/download, then you have to deal with it..

NOW STOP POSTING LINKS TO IT ALL OVER THE PLACE...
0 x

User avatar
iamacup
Posts: 987
Joined: 26 Jun 2006, 20:43

Post by iamacup » 21 Nov 2006, 11:01

http://www.unknown-files.net/index.php?page=staff

F000lz

i will be having more admins, but when the next site is realeased :P

YOU WILL SEE!
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear » 21 Nov 2006, 13:12

Fanger wrote:When was I complaining about my mod not being played.. Hrm.. I mean seriously, and if it doesnt work, its USER ERROR.. there is nothing funny about the mod..
The other stuff I understood... but what?
0 x

ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF » 21 Nov 2006, 17:55

MadRat wrote:Latest E&E from 17Nov06 = http://download.yousendit.com/749CB95108D5597A
That's actually a correct rar archive that will never allow you to play a game of Expand & Exterminate.
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”