Fire at unit while moving - Page 2

Fire at unit while moving

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Openoffice.org

Type your messages in it before posting.

Sorry you find my complaints about your spelling condescending. Two of my friends are severely dyslexic and even they have learned to just proofread everything with their own two eyes as the letters dance before them and they catch 90% of the errors. The least you could do is just read everything over once... that's what most people do.

Annd... no, I wasn't making a threat at you or something, my point was just that if you typed a resume typed in the manner you type here, you wouldn't get a job. Many other things are also decided by your grammar and spelling. It is taken as a sign of disrespect and, in some cases, stupidity. Obviously you are not a stupid person, as the things you say regarding AI and such are well beyond my comprehension.

This is just a forum, and you can do what you want, but how do you suppose our foreign hosts, Clan SY, will read something that even people of the same first language have difficulty with?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have MSOffice 2000, I dont want to go through ym start menu open MS Word wait to laod type it out copy paste into forum fter checking all the underlined bits, I'm usually in a hurry when I post or I'm in school
Gabba

Post by Gabba »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:For example, telling a unit to move, while it still retains its attack order until it is out of range is a usefull feature to have, as it allows players to do new things (as suggested in my post above), while not changing the fundamental move command structure in TA. If players want to move their unit away, they will be able to move their unit away. Nothing will be changed in the overall scheme of things, but the new addition slots in nicely, giving heaps of new options, without taking away original options or altering what players expect should happen.
That's good, but it only works well if you are directly controlling your units. If you give the same orders with shift-click and then go take care of your base, your units will first execute your attack order, that is, they will move to their target, stop, destroy it, and then only they will execute the next order on the queue and start moving away.

What we really need is to be able to set priority targets - either a specific unit/building or a specific kind of unit (i.e. all mexxes). I don't know which key combinations should be used (ctrl or alt-click??). This way you can select your attack group, select priority targets, and define a precise move path. Your units will follow their assigned path and fire at the priority targets without deviating from it (they will fire at other enemies if there's no priority one around).

This also gives me an idea: an general priority queue (easily editable in-game by click-and-dragging) which all of your units follow. (Of course specific orders such as above override it.) So if you are concentrating on air attack, you can set AA defenses as the primary target, and as second fusions because you also want to take down his economy, and so on. This queue can be as general or as precise as you want. You can also add the enemy Commander as a priority, which is very interesting: you don't have to be there controlling your forces, as soon as they see the Commander they will blast him to bits... you couldn't do this in TA.

Return to “General Discussion”