Gosu Player ? - Page 5

Gosu Player ?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie » 06 Nov 2006, 05:19

Sometimes I honestly wonder whether people read what I'm actually saying. I'm not drawing from anything but what I have seen - I've not bothered with the histories of the clans - only the living actions of members. In addition, I believe you mistake me mentioning clans as grouped entities as if they are a team - I speak about the average within the player base.

If you wanted me to discard clan grouping entirely, I could have gone into individual players, mentioning issues with play and certain quirks - it would have been fun to start with Kixxe and eventually find my way to Day, but then it would surely be more overlooked information.

Lastly, I never intended my list to be a full database - merely a tenative note. I simply do not have the time to play exhaustively with all of the players in Spring. Day might have slacked or improved since I last played him a considerable time ago, Sleksa is only in two of my many replays, Sabuta]I[ is worthy of mention but I don't want to front him without more data... and what about members of other clans? [Gen] is not without skilled players, for example - and Hellspawn, feel free to stroke your ego on that note.

I'm sorry if you happened to cry blood Sleksa - you should have a doctor look into that. Surely a symptom of a serious health issue.

However, in all seriousness, if you're (In the plural) going to treat what I say with that little regard and indeed misinterpret what I am attempting to convey, I must only attempt to clarify - and you have to reevaluate. And on the subject of what I stated in relation to [LCC] and [tN] I must say I am expressing what I see and have participated in... the supermajority of my replays and lobby observations indicate these trends - though I must note that different behaviours occur at different times with different members of the clans; as an example [tN]Ray as a host skews the data in the general direction I mentioned.

None of my statements were meant as absolutes - not even those on the behaviour of individuals or clans. My discussion of good players/groups thereof in team games is not restricted to play between clans - indeed, that would be a self-defeating limitation as I have, due to choices of my own, no clan affiliation. I've mentioned things I can and do support, not to exclude possible good players, but to include those I can verify the skill of in the present.
0 x

User avatar
Nixa
Posts: 350
Joined: 05 Oct 2006, 04:32

Post by Nixa » 06 Nov 2006, 08:03

Your never gonna know whos the best, it's all just opinion. Personally i think sometimes these types of threads are just plain horrible... neddie if you spent as much time playing as you did posting you'd probably be number 1 :|

But in my opinion: Day, Sleska, Helly, Randy... and the list goes on... and on... no point trying to norrow it down, or trying to judge.

PS: Just because someones wearing a clan tag doesn't mean they're good, personally my clan is more out to have fun and chat than actually be the best (we're just not bad at the actual game either :P)
0 x

User avatar
Dragon45
Posts: 2883
Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 04:36

Post by Dragon45 » 06 Nov 2006, 08:12

HAVING FNU YOU SAY!?!?


http://smuggoat.net/

Credit ME!~
0 x

DemO
Posts: 541
Joined: 18 Jul 2006, 02:05

Post by DemO » 06 Nov 2006, 08:58

Neddie your posts make it seem like you're some overlord or wisdom.

In all honesty its obvious that you dont know much about the spring community outside of these forums. You're making statements based around scraps you pick up in the occasional times you happen to venture outside of this forum.

I'm not bothered about your opinion on who you rate and who you dont, that isnt for me to argue and i dont intend to, but please stop making stupid unfounded comments about clans and teamwork when A: you're in no position to do so (not in any of these clans you mention) and B: base opinions on such limited experience and knowledge.
Last edited by DemO on 06 Nov 2006, 09:36, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
Dragon45
Posts: 2883
Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 04:36

Post by Dragon45 » 06 Nov 2006, 09:27

Meh who cares. Just chill d00ds.
0 x

User avatar
Day
Posts: 797
Joined: 28 Mar 2006, 17:16

Post by Day » 06 Nov 2006, 13:25

the best 1v1 player ive met is Andy, and the best teamplayer (3v3 and up) i know is Steeeeeeve :-)

other good 1v1 players are sleksa hellspawn silencer wilsby etc
other good teamplayers are tired cabbage squeegeez

thats all i can think of ATM :o
0 x

Imperium
Posts: 95
Joined: 31 Aug 2006, 20:10

Post by Imperium » 06 Nov 2006, 15:51

neddiedrow wrote:[Gen] is not without skilled players, for example - and Hellspawn, feel free to stroke your ego on that note.
Don't let him, for the love of God don't let him! q_q
0 x

Hellspawn
Posts: 392
Joined: 24 Feb 2006, 11:54

Post by Hellspawn » 06 Nov 2006, 16:08

Imperium wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:[Gen] is not without skilled players, for example - and Hellspawn, feel free to stroke your ego on that note.
Don't let him, for the love of God don't let him! q_q
*grows*
*steps on Imp*
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1111oneone
0 x

User avatar
Cabbage
Posts: 1548
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 22:34

Post by Cabbage » 06 Nov 2006, 18:01

Im surprised you all keep track of wins / losses so much..

but then, i suppose there isn't really much point when you know you're the best.... 8)

:P
0 x

DemO
Posts: 541
Joined: 18 Jul 2006, 02:05

Post by DemO » 06 Nov 2006, 18:51

Its not hard to remember cabbage:) its not like i keep a tally of them.
0 x

User avatar
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 3984
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 19:29

Post by NOiZE » 06 Nov 2006, 18:54

Cabbage wrote:Im surprised you all keep track of wins / losses so much..

but then, i suppose there isn't really much point when you know you're the best.... 8)

:P
sorry but you fail this time
0 x

User avatar
Cabbage
Posts: 1548
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 22:34

Post by Cabbage » 06 Nov 2006, 19:43

Lies! Listen to your heart, you know this to be true! :P
0 x

User avatar
Nixa
Posts: 350
Joined: 05 Oct 2006, 04:32

Post by Nixa » 07 Nov 2006, 07:23

dont cows eat cabbages? i know goats do :-)
0 x

User avatar
Noruas
XTA Developer
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 02:58

Post by Noruas » 09 Nov 2006, 03:15

http://spring.nfshost.com/ladder/rankings.php?eel=xta


Well apparently according to this, i am the best xta player in the league 8)
0 x

pintle
Posts: 1762
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 16:01

Post by pintle » 09 Nov 2006, 20:44

would that be because it took you over 1 month to play your challenge match with me, and after constant bugging by el barto and no reply to a pm i sent to imacup i forfeited (however begrudgingly).

You may notice that as soon as i "forfeited" (despite being online for the 7 days the challenge lasted every night bar one, waiting for you) i challenged you again.

Yes you are good, but do not claim to be #1 when you didnt show for our duel, that is super-lame.

I look foward to our match :)
0 x

Hellspawn
Posts: 392
Joined: 24 Feb 2006, 11:54

Post by Hellspawn » 09 Nov 2006, 21:37

Nixa wrote:dont cows eat cabbages? i know goats do :-)
hahahaha

poor cabbage =(
0 x

User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng » 09 Nov 2006, 22:31

@ smug, disagree there, four 1v1 players would probably not win if the 4v4 players had the same level of skill in their own field.. playing team games is teamwork: one player delays, one player techs, one player rushes, one player atlas's to an advantagous location.. the four 1v1 players all just go through standard operations, tech at regular speeds... just wouldnt have the advantage. at its best, a team of four will all attack the same player at once and roll up the flank.
the reason you say that is because generally, only the skilled players regulary do 1v1s... its too quick and painful for less skilled players.
0 x

User avatar
Noruas
XTA Developer
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 02:58

Post by Noruas » 09 Nov 2006, 22:49

god pintle u ruined the moment lol, okay, seriously pintle is better than me in 1 vs 1 on coopers hill! :P Pintle, please rechallenge me asp, i need you to put me to sleep.
0 x

pintle
Posts: 1762
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 16:01

Post by pintle » 09 Nov 2006, 22:52

i challenged you as soon as i forfeited, finsish work @ 10:30 GMT then 45 mins to get home and logged on
0 x

Hellspawn
Posts: 392
Joined: 24 Feb 2006, 11:54

Post by Hellspawn » 10 Nov 2006, 09:15

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:@ smug, disagree there, four 1v1 players would probably not win if the 4v4 players had the same level of skill in their own field.. playing team games is teamwork: one player delays, one player techs, one player rushes, one player atlas's to an advantagous location.. the four 1v1 players all just go through standard operations, tech at regular speeds... just wouldnt have the advantage. at its best, a team of four will all attack the same player at once and roll up the flank.
the reason you say that is because generally, only the skilled players regulary do 1v1s... its too quick and painful for less skilled players.
Good 1v1 players are more or less good team players aswell. Also that tactic will make you lose very fast vs experience players. Even in 4v4 everyone should first rush. Goin air first or teching right away usually ends up badly vs good players. Just think about it, on one side 1 player is rushing and on other side there are 4 players rushing. Who will win? :P
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”