Lobby

Lobby

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

WeaZ

Lobby

Post by WeaZ »

I wanna know why there are so many posting on here left and right and its so rapid that I can check this thing every day and have to look at nearly 100 topics but go to the lobby and u might find 6 rooms open on a good day. 3 of the hosts are there. out of those three u might get one game to fill up
0 x

Ace07

Re: Lobby

Post by Ace07 »

WeaZ wrote:I wanna know why there are so many posting on here left and right and its so rapid that I can check this thing every day and have to look at nearly 100 topics but go to the lobby and u might find 6 rooms open on a good day. 3 of the hosts are there. out of those three u might get one game to fill up
There is currently a lot to talk about....

This game isn't even done yet....lets be honest. There is so much stuff still needed to fully make this a game. I can't play because I use Linux. =)
0 x

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I have the computer to player Spring, but not the connection to play it online.
0 x

Delta

Post by Delta »

The forum is easily used at work/scool etc. when you have five minutes of spare time.
Playing however requires more time...
(Just getting a game to start usually takes atleast 10-15 minutes before everyone is synced, has the map etc.)
0 x

Cheery

Post by Cheery »

Lobby sucks. It never works correct, if it works, it's a miracle. If you want some people on the lobby, try make it work first... I would play spring more often if it works. Also I would get some friends with me to play it. Thought now I really don't want because they would stick into unworkable lobby program.

And forget .net It throws really weird errors and bloats the program. Microsoft == !good.
Last edited by Cheery on 16 Jun 2005, 09:28, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Delta

Post by Delta »

Cheery wrote:Microsoft == !good.
:lol:
0 x

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Correction

Code: Select all

Microsoft != good
0 x

WeaZ

Post by WeaZ »

Lol If anyone took me wrong I wasnt being negative was just wondering and you all gave me the answer I already knew cause thast why I dont play too buggy, lobby sucks, takes a goodlord amount of time I cant waste 30 mins tryin to get a game then 4-5 playin cause it errors out.
0 x

Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

I'm running Linux.
0 x

Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

I've made a list of 10 or so ppl i can play in my hotmail. we just use IP addresses or passworded games. sorry to the public for being elite but ppl coming into a OTA room not even knowing they need OTA is annoying (i still link em etc tho) as is "oh i don't have map" i mean its shown next to the game. when i play i want to PLAY not school n00bs or teach em...unless i'm bored. :twisted: also i love getting my ass whopped which never happens unless someone who knows me plays me! :)
0 x

Gurkha

Post by Gurkha »

correction:

Code: Select all

Micro$oft := evil 
0 x

hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Because, strangely enough, there are alot of forum regulars who don't seem to even play Spring. Atleast not on the public server.

Ace07 I heard Spring works well with WINE, but this hasn't been confirmed by me.
0 x

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

A game of Spring can takes hour. Literally. Last time I played it took me the whole night, and even if I really enjoyed it, the day after I was exhausted.

On the other hand posting on a forum take a couple minute and can be interrupted at any time.
0 x

Ace07

Re: ...

Post by Ace07 »

hrmph wrote:Because, strangely enough, there are alot of forum regulars who don't seem to even play Spring. Atleast not on the public server.

Ace07 I heard Spring works well with WINE, but this hasn't been confirmed by me.
The sound doesn't work, and the Spring Lobby doesn't either....

You can't really play with other people heh. SP all da way!
0 x

PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

zwzsg wrote:A game of Spring can takes hour. Literally. Last time I played it took me the whole night, and even if I really enjoyed it, the day after I was exhausted.
And about those times where you are on a LAN of friends and one of the players dies quickly to watch the remaining hours of the game...
Or, we aranging an entire afternoon to play TA and only managing to play 1~2 games...
Many times this sucks, not to mention that it starts to create a knowing at the level of the subsconcient that it will not be worth to go play the game unless we have really alot of time.

This is a delicate matter as, most times, it also sucks to go play a game and having it finish in some 5 mins, not watching any good show of metal carnage...
0 x

Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

what! 5 mins!!! thats not possible unless a dirty tactic is used (comm bombing etc)
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”