There are a lot of guys on here that aren't happy with the sort of publicity that Spring get's and to be honest.. there's a lot of talk but not much action.
So I put this proposition to you. I've begun working on a site at http://www.portal-gaming.com that's going to be based on the Nuke-Evolution Content Management System as a starting point (which is a variation of PHP-Nuke if you've heard of it?!). Anyway, my idea is to create a site that brings together the following.
- Multiple games - beginning with Spring/SupCom:Forged Alliance and following on with Starcraft II/Dawn of War II/Warhammer Online and many many more.
- Support including the following maps, mods, replays
- Clan/Player ranking systems
- Forums/News and the standard stuff
Basically there aren't any of these portal type sites out there to support Spring neither are they there to support the modding community as well. If you want to make Spring more popular then you need to get out and do it for yourself - the community needs to make it popular by bringing in people from other gaming communities, and that's what I'm intending to do with this.
I have a domain registered at http://www.portal-gaming.com
to show you what we have to start with.
I've already made a start of it. Check out a mock logo I made:-
I've also designed a mock database that needs to be amended to plug into the existing CMS. Gives you an idea of the scale I'm talking about and the plans I have to expand it.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/j ... o_db-1.png
(took the image out as it was messing up the page but feel free to follow the link - it's safe )
This project is going to be by no means easy at all. It's going to be a slog. But once it's up and running it'll be fantastic and will generate a lot of interest. My plan is to keep it simple but full of useful features. I want to make it easy to navigate and use as well as maintaining the user experience of the site.
At present I'm interested in getting together a good bunch of talented guys (unpaid unfortunately ) who can really get stuck into this site.
The following roles can be applied for:-
- PHP Developers - Write and maintain the site's content management system. Need to liaise with front-end designers
- Graphical Designers - Design various banners, images and promotional content for the site.
- Database Manager - Design the underlying database and maintain it. Provide ongoing support for the site.
- HTML/CSS Designers - Write and accessible and easy to navigate interface for the user. Combining with back-end PHP Developers to produce the dynamic content
- MySQL, SQL Query language
- Understanding of Databases
- An eye for graphical design and creativity
- The alias you typically use
- A little bit about yourself
- Where you're located
- Why you're interesting in becoming a part of the project
- What you think you can bring to the project
- What previous experience you have with web design
If you're interested more about the site please feel free to leave questions here as well
Look forward to hearing from you guys!