Search

Search found 229 matches

by ThinkSome
29 Jan 2019, 01:04
Forum: Art & Modelling
Topic: Random WIP 2018
Replies: 41
Views: 4427

Re: Random WIP 2018

Looks like a metallic lobster?
by ThinkSome
25 Jan 2019, 23:58
Forum: Lobby Clients & Server
Topic: Upcoming lobby server updates
Replies: 31
Views: 1577

Re: Upcoming lobby server updates

Silentwings wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 23:45
Will the registration email feature a link on which to complete registration?
See the last time you asked this question viewtopic.php?f=64&t=37758#p587655
:)
by ThinkSome
25 Jan 2019, 23:57
Forum: Lobby Clients & Server
Topic: Email verification - protocol info
Replies: 12
Views: 969

Re: Email verification - protocol info

Add a http listener to uberserver and forward a directory on springrts.com to it?
by ThinkSome
25 Jan 2019, 14:20
Forum: Lobby Clients & Server
Topic: Upcoming lobby server updates
Replies: 31
Views: 1577

Re: Upcoming lobby server updates

Will the registration email feature a link on which to complete registration? I don't like the authorization code pingpong as documented in https://springrts.com/dl/LobbyProtocol/ProtocolDescription.html#CONFIRMAGREEMENT:client Additionally the link could also feature the agreement, so I can rip tha...
by ThinkSome
24 Jan 2019, 21:21
Forum: Lobby Clients & Server
Topic: Upcoming lobby server updates
Replies: 31
Views: 1577

Re: Upcoming server updates

Can someone do a hard reset of the server in the mean while? It is dropping our hosts every few hours and preventing us from waiting for games.

SL is mostly ready
connwin.png
connwin.png (20.74 KiB) Viewed 925 times
by ThinkSome
22 Jan 2019, 00:09
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: suggestion: replay backward/forward
Replies: 20
Views: 869

Re: suggestion: replay backward/forward

Can save/load not be implement as an open-ended replay? That way there'd be no special handling required.
by ThinkSome
14 Jan 2019, 12:56
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: PV = global LOS
Replies: 16
Views: 703

Re: PV = global LOS

Changing a sloc results usually in a different engine binary hash. Which results in desync. If that were the case then I'd never sync since I build my own engines. Additionally people on different operating systems would not be able to play with each other. It is highly plausible that changing one ...
by ThinkSome
06 Jan 2019, 15:26
Forum: AI
Topic: Looking to start a C# AI - Approaches?
Replies: 58
Views: 7333

Re: Looking to start a C# AI - Approaches?

That is cool, but engine AIs simply crash the engine and newbies really love that.
by ThinkSome
16 Dec 2018, 02:50
Forum: SPADS AutoHost
Topic: automatic !stats into battleroom at end of game?
Replies: 3
Views: 248

Re: automatic !stats into battleroom at end of game?

Could the flood happen together with the awards printout? It would be appropriate there. Similarly, issuing !stats could output both the stats and awards into PM.
by ThinkSome
09 Dec 2018, 01:49
Forum: SPADS AutoHost
Topic: automatic !stats into battleroom at end of game?
Replies: 3
Views: 248

automatic !stats into battleroom at end of game?

Is there a quick way to do this or would it involve a plug-in? I guess the spads.pl/hstats subroutine could not be used directly due to the SayPrivate call. Should it not use answer() instead?
by ThinkSome
29 Oct 2018, 23:39
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev
Replies: 23
Views: 1531

Re: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev

Addendum.

"<Code_Bot> want a lump of <censored> to chew on?"
  • Rename #moddev to #/b/
  • Create #gamedev as a new channel (with new residents).
by ThinkSome
10 Oct 2018, 20:06
Forum: Help & Bugs
Topic: SPADS hosts are not able to connect to the lobby
Replies: 3
Views: 693

SPADS hosts are not able to connect to the lobby

SPADS: "broken connection detected"
by ThinkSome
03 Oct 2018, 19:43
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: If Microsoft buys github
Replies: 12
Views: 1518

Re: If Microsoft buys github

Hehe pepe

There is also a public Gitlab CE instance at framagit.org. Frju will know more.
by ThinkSome
25 Sep 2018, 23:06
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Option to switch how moving around the map works
Replies: 6
Views: 702

Re: Option to switch how moving around the map works

Ignore the title, quote is all that matters.
by ThinkSome
25 Sep 2018, 19:52
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Option to switch how moving around the map works
Replies: 6
Views: 702

Option to switch how moving around the map works

"<Fizzy > ...when I hold down the middle mouse button, I want the terrain, not the camera, to move in the direction I move my mouse"

Does such an option exist and if not, can it be added?
by ThinkSome
25 Sep 2018, 17:48
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev
Replies: 23
Views: 1531

Re: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev

abma wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:14
you are smart, you can organize it. ask if this is wanted and if so ask the persons who can do it.
This topic serves said purpose.
by ThinkSome
25 Sep 2018, 16:52
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev
Replies: 23
Views: 1531

Re: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev

unregister #moddev + register #gamedev. ask all users to switch to the new channel + update docs / wiki. I can neither unregister nor register channels and in the latter case it would not be appropriate for me to manage #gamedev as I am not a game developer. Why is registration limited only to mode...
by ThinkSome
25 Sep 2018, 00:21
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev
Replies: 23
Views: 1531

Request: rename #moddev to #gamedev

i.e. move everyone from #moddev to #gamedev, implementation details of doing so do not matter.
by ThinkSome
22 Sep 2018, 18:22
Forum: Engine
Topic: Recent engines do not work on Manjaro/Arch Linux.
Replies: 7
Views: 928

Re: Recent engines do not work on Manjaro/Arch Linux.

Can't we have two buildbots in parallel? Checking for libcurl version before downloading engine would also be rather simple.
by ThinkSome
22 Sep 2018, 11:58
Forum: Lobby Clients & Server
Topic: Email verification - protocol info
Replies: 12
Views: 969

Re: Email verification - protocol info

Silentwings wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 19:33
Instead, they will be sent an error message asking the user to update.
Can this error message and the email that is sent also include a link to a website where people can read the agreement and complete registration? There is no need to burn off old lobbies like that.

Go to advanced search