|This page is deprecated, please look at the Balanced Annihilation Homepage|
Note: this wiki page and img sucks. Please help update it if you know what you're talking about.
In the meantime please check the forums.
Balanced Annihilation is the long-term most popular game based at the Spring engine. It's based at three basic principles:
- Refined Original Total Annihilation: BA's lineage traces back to fan mods of the original Total Annihilation. It feels similar, and play is more balanced for diverse multiplayer strategies.
- Stable gameplay: Balanced Annihilation has matured through several years of playtesting. New versions don't drastically alter the gameplay. The current BA has an unstable testing fork called: Eternal Annihilation.
- Balance: Every unit has a role, and no unit has every role. Very few units get truly obsolete as a game progresses. The ideal state is to have no obsolete units at all.
Balanced Annihilation mod started as a fork of Absolute Annihilation 2.23 in the end of 2006. Duo Beherith & Niobium have recently (April 2011) became the main BA's maintainers. The previous maintainers, who shouldn't be forgotten, were TheFatController and NOiZE.
Choose which one suits your gaming experience:
Parts of this mod originate from non-free sources. However, there is an ongoing attempt to find and replace units' models with free ones.
See the forum discussion as: BA Reloaded
Important set of links:
- Balanced Annihilation Forum
- #ba channel at the IRC
- Latest Chicken BA download
- (todo): latest experimental download