How to use battle presets

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

Ok now I got it working but I can't figure out how to add presets. I edited the battlePresets.conf from:

Code: Select all

[default]
description:Default battle settings
resetmodoptions:1
disabledunits:-*
startpostype:2|0|1
to:

[default]
description:Default battle settings

[default2]
description:Default2 battle settings
but that doesn't work. When I use !presets or !list presets I get only the first preset :S How should I format the file?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

"battle presets" are defined in battlePresets.conf , "hosting presets" are defined in hostingPresets.conf, and "global presets" are defined in spads.conf .
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

bibim wrote:"battle presets" are defined in battlePresets.conf , "hosting presets" are defined in hostingPresets.conf, and "global presets" are defined in spads.conf .
Yes but then I am doing it the right way? I want to make a preset to disable some units from BA. So I thought I just need to add a preset in the battlePresets.conf and that's what I did but it doesn't show in the lobby when I type

!presets
I get listed only the default preset.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

"!presets" is actually a shortcut for "!list presets".

As you can see in the help for !list command, "!list presets" only lists global presets. If you want to list battle presets, you must use "!list bPresets" (or the "!bPresets" shortcut).
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

bibim I got everything working now. I noticed also that there is a file helpSettings.dat in the spads folder. At first I thought it was just a data file but then I opened it and it has all the documentation obviously.

So just wanted to suggest that you add a README.txt so it's easier for people to know where to look for help 8)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Pithikos wrote:I noticed also that there is a file helpSettings.dat in the spads folder. At first I thought it was just a data file but then I opened it and it has all the documentation obviously.
It is a data file, just in a human readable format. This data file is used by SPADS to generate answers to !help commands, and to generate the HTML help if launched with "--doc" parameter (much more readable than the .dat file).
Pithikos wrote:So just wanted to suggest that you add a README.txt so it's easier for people to know where to look for help 8)
The "official" place for SPADS commands/settings help is indicated in the original post of this thread:
bibim wrote:all settings are described here

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”