View topic - SPADS AutoHost

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 18:31 

I'm having trouble with spads so I tried to reinstall it, and now that didn't even work. I checked that I have those files and I even tried with using 64-bit perl too, but it also failed (I have windows 7 64 bit). Any idea to what's the problem? Other people can install spads?

Code:
PS E:\games\spads> perl .\spadsInstaller.pl

This program will install SPADS in the current working directory, overwriting files if needed.
The installer will ask you 10 questions to customize your installation and pre-configure SPADS.
You can stop this installation at any time by hitting Ctrl-c.
Note: if SPADS is already installed on the system, you don't need to reinstall it to run multiple autohosts. Instead, yo
u can share SPADS binaries and use multiple configuration files and/or configuration macros.

1/10 - Which SPADS release do you want to install (stable,testing,unstable,contrib) [testing] ?
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Components are up to date, proceeding with installation...
2/10 - Please enter the Spring installation directory [] ? E:\games\spring
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Checking Perl Unitsync interface module
ERROR    - [SpadsInstaller] Unable to load Perl Unitsync interface module (Can't load 'E:/games/spads/PerlUnitSync.dll'
for module PerlUnitSync: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 191, <STDIN
> line 2.
 at E:/games/spads/PerlUnitSync.pm line 11
Compilation failed in require at (eval 15) line 2, <STDIN> line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 15) line 2, <STDIN> line 2.
)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 19:17 
Lobby Developer

You must use the "x86" version of ActivePerl, SPADS won't work with the 64 bit version.

I just added support for ActivePerl 5.14 (I didn't know they had released it). If it is the version you are using, can you retry SPADS installation ?

On Windows, SPADS should now be compatible with ActivePerl x86 5.10, 5.12, and 5.14.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 20:13 

Hmm, I get the same error still, it complains about PerlUnitSync.dll, same thing happens when I switch to win xp. Does it have to do with my spring installation? I didn't try to uninstall and reinstall spring yet.

When I tried with 64-bit perl I got a different error. But now I'm using perl 5.14 x86, and I uninstalled the 64-bit one and checked path variable etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 20:42 
Lobby Developer

Can you try replacing the unitsync.dll file in your Spring installation directory with this one: http://planetspads.free.fr/spads/unitsync/unitsync.dll ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 20:50 

Yes, I did I and now the install works. Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 21:57 

Well, now I get the following error:
Code:
ERROR    - [SPADS] Unable to retrieve hashcode of map "DesertTriad.sd7"
NOTICE   - [SPADS] Close battle scheduled (reason: unable to retrieve map hashcode)

I tried checking for write acces to the map and mod folder in Spring instalaltion folder, and I took ownership and added full control to all users, but still that error. And I also tried with other maps.

I got a lot of errors with maps when installing spads, maybe it needs to regenerate those hashcodes, the directory was set to read only when I installed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 22:14 
Lobby Developer

The map name must not contain the .sd7 extension.

The errors you got on first SPADS run were just unitsync "normal" errors for maps which don't have map options.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 18:31 

I also have some problem with installing Spads. I compiled spring and spring-dedicated from the git source. spring and spring-dedicated are located at /usr/local/bin/spring and the game by default is installed at /usr/local/share/games/spring

Then I ran the SpadsInstaller from my home directory and here is what I get:
Code:
1/12 - Which SPADS release do you want to install (stable,testing,unstable,contrib) [testing] ? stable
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Components are up to date, proceeding with installation...
2/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the unitsync library (libunitsync.so) [] ? /usr/local/lib/libunitsync.so
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Generating Perl Unitsync interface module
3/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the spring dedicated server (spring-dedicated) [] ? /usr/local/bin/
3/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the spring dedicated server (spring-dedicated) [] ? /usr/local/bin/spring-dedicated
4/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the spring data directory (for maps, mods...) [] ? /usr/local/share/games/spring/
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Checking Perl Unitsync interface module
ERROR    - [SpadsInstaller] Unable to load Perl Unitsync interface module (Can't load './PerlUnitSync.so' for module PerlUnitSync: /usr/local/lib/libunitsync.so: undefined symbol: archiveScanner at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/DynaLoader.pm line 192, <STDIN> line 5.
 at PerlUnitSync.pm line 11
Compilation failed in require at (eval 10) line 2, <STDIN> line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 10) line 2, <STDIN> line 5.

All this under Debian Squeeze 32bit

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 09:11 
Lobby Developer

Which version of Spring did you compile/install ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 13:27 

bibim wrote:
Which version of Spring did you compile/install ?

Code:
manos@debian:~$ spring -V
Spring 0.82+.4.0

Not sure if that is what you wanted. But I took the source from github yesterday(22th May) so it's the latest?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 13:50 
Lobby Developer

Yes, it's indeed the latest version in development (probably bugged and not compatible with current release), used by developers and testers only.

SPADS is supposed to be used with latest release of Spring (currently 0.82.7.X), which everyone on lobby server uses, not the version in development.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 16:08 

bibim wrote:
Yes, it's indeed the latest version in development (probably bugged and not compatible with current release), used by developers and testers only.

SPADS is supposed to be used with latest release of Spring (currently 0.82.7.X), which everyone on lobby server uses, not the version in development.

Yes that makes a lot of sense :)
I now installed successfully Spads nonetheless. Thanks for the fast reply!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 19:05 

Ok now I got it working but I can't figure out how to add presets. I edited the battlePresets.conf from:

Code:
[default]
description:Default battle settings
resetmodoptions:1
disabledunits:-*
startpostype:2|0|1

to:

Code:
[default]
description:Default battle settings

[default2]
description:Default2 battle settings

but that doesn't work. When I use !presets or !list presets I get only the first preset :S How should I format the file?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 21:19 
Lobby Developer

"battle presets" are defined in battlePresets.conf , "hosting presets" are defined in hostingPresets.conf, and "global presets" are defined in spads.conf .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 21:45 

bibim wrote:
"battle presets" are defined in battlePresets.conf , "hosting presets" are defined in hostingPresets.conf, and "global presets" are defined in spads.conf .

Yes but then I am doing it the right way? I want to make a preset to disable some units from BA. So I thought I just need to add a preset in the battlePresets.conf and that's what I did but it doesn't show in the lobby when I type
Code:
!presets

I get listed only the default preset.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 22:06 
Lobby Developer

"!presets" is actually a shortcut for "!list presets".

As you can see in the help for !list command, "!list presets" only lists global presets. If you want to list battle presets, you must use "!list bPresets" (or the "!bPresets" shortcut).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 05:20 

Have it all working now, thanks for the help.

Last edited by Skynet on 24 May 2011, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 09:01 
Lobby Developer

Why did you put the unitsync library here ? There shouldn't be any unitsync library in SPADS folder.

Can you try removing this unitsync library from SPADS folder, and put it in your Spring installation directory (C:\program files\spring) instead ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 16:26 

Oh, thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 17:04 

bibim I got everything working now. I noticed also that there is a file helpSettings.dat in the spads folder. At first I thought it was just a data file but then I opened it and it has all the documentation obviously.

So just wanted to suggest that you add a README.txt so it's easier for people to know where to look for help 8)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next