This release adds nothing, but aims to scrub some of the bugs that appeared as engine evolved and KP stood still.
For instance, terminals were broken, instead on exploding on the target, the signals would fly around until their two minutes time-out made them vanish. Firewalls were broken, twice, by two different bugs. The single player menu was completely broken as well and would not load.
I didn't fix everything, though:
- Some weapon effects don't show, but that should be fixed in 95
- Something changed in the behavior of emitting weapons from turned pieces,
so the minelauncher doesn't spread as much as it should.
- There's some curious but massive lag at the end of the "Navigating through NX flags" mission, that I have yet to find the root of.
- KP Lua AI cannot anymore detect as idle units that are busy wall bumping, so I made it spread cons much less, with the annoying side effect of sometimes clogging up the homebase.
- Spring 94 doesn't play well with Spring.Restart. Since that command is crucial to my single player system, I workarounded that by including the Spring 88 executable in my installer. But that is rather dirty and confusing.
4.4 -> 4.5 changes:
- Fixed bug about factories passing their pseudo-orders to their children
- Added CanMove to all factory, because that's now necessary to let them have exit waypoints.
- AI constructor are now given a tiny move order instead of the engine bugger_off, to prevent them getting stuck in cliffs
- Fixed connection and gateway arcs not showing under Spring 94.0/1
- Fixed firewall not halving and not reflecting damage under Spring 94.0/1
- Fixed signal not dropping its payload under 94.0/1
- Updated HexFarm version from 4 to 7, updated mission and skirmish code related to this map
- Spring.Restart is now called with the empty string as option instead of -s, since -s is now a valid option
- Fixed the Spring version parsing used in FillModSpecific.lua so that kp_spring_direct_launch.lua doesn't crash on version without decimals
- Added sounds.lua, only to fix [Sound] Error: Unable to open audio file: FailedCommand
- Changed carrier animation script to detect cancel differently
- Removed the debug code in specialattack.lua that caused issue to Spring 87
- Update the flows speed often, as an attempt to override max speed change getting reset