Maps so far:
- Blank map (Silentwings and Enethurus)
- Tiny Skirmish Redux ( what I was using before)
- Rusty Warehouse (Mapsize: 12x8 Filesize: 141 kilobytes)
- Proving Grounds
- Depth of field Shader
- Use Springs Mapgen
- Asteroid widget
- Multiple rotating/configurable backgrounds
- Cinematic camera widget
- Blank maps with pretty skyboxes
Original wrote:Does anyone have suggestions for a map to be used as a background to a menu?
Imo it would need to balance these requirements:
On one side a blank map would be the quickest option, but would waste an opportunity to have a live background. On the other is the pretty maps that seem to have issues with certain graphics drivers.
- Quick loading, to get into the menu as fast as possible.
- Aesthetically pleasing as a background.
- Won't encounter issues with any systems ( or deals with them in some way ).
As a side note, does anarchids new volumetric fog widget have less issues with certain graphics drivers than previous fog widgets or is it about the same? ( I recently updated my gfx card and can't tell anymore )