Download link: http://springfiles.com/spring/spring-maps/hexfarm8
^ Can be explored, destroyed & rebuilt ^
- Force All to random : Ticked by default, this make it ignore every other map option and use random or automatic values instead.
- Skin : Auto guess from the presence of some units what mod is it, and attempt to pick an appropriate skin, with still a random factor for better variety.
- Color : Fixed is normal color, Team Color make the whole texture grayscale, and then add team color depending on who owns the towers. Where ownership is determined by who finished a building over 5x5 footprint on the tower.
- Boundary : You can use /cheat /devlua to see the boundary ingame (except circle and rectangle).
- Center : This just offset the lattice.
- Density : Full towers looks too crowded, the T75 B50 remove one tower out of four, making the map more pleasant looking.
- Geo : How many towers top have geovents.
- Metal : How much metal the sum of all towers is worth (the 25% on the bridges is bonus). If you put 0, then it use automagical formula 30+6*(TeamCount without Gaia).
- Tower Radius : How big are the tower tops. 0 for a random value between 192 and 768
- Bridge Length : How long are the bridges between tower tops. 0 for a random value between 4 and 384
- Bridge Width : How large are the bridges. Best is to use the same value as Tower Radius. 0 for a random value between 64 and TowerRadius, skewed toward TowerRadius.
- Bridge Slope : The angle of the bridges Positive for concave, negative for convex. 0 for a random value between -45° and 60°
- Orientation : Turn the lattice, north-south-east-west wise. 0 for a random value between 0 and 360.
Angles are in degrees
If you like a certain random layout, you can read back what values were picked from infolog.txt
- Exploration : Does the map needs to be explored: 0 if no, positive if has to be scouted, negative if it has to be constructed, also if not zero absolute value is duration in second of popping effect.
- Destruction : Can bridge and tower be destructed, 0 if no, positive for multiple of median unit hitpoint, negative for absolute hitpoint.
- Construction : Can bridge and tower be reconstructed, 0 if no, positive for multiple of median unit buildtimecost, negative for absolute buildpower. To reconstruct bridges and towers, build something, anything, nearby.
- Method : Fast : Detect units destruction and completion. Precise: Detect explosions and build steps.
- Indication : Tick to have destruction and construction percentage indicators over tower and bridges.
- Fixed Start Position place teams on the map extremities
- Random Start Position place the teams evenly around the map
The map skin can be ovveridden. Place an image named HexFarm.png into your Spring folder, and the map will load it. Here is an exemple texture:
The texture can be placed in any folder scanned by Spring. It can be named HexFarm.png to load it every time, HexFarm8.png to not load it for other versions of this map, or hexfarm8_technical.png, hexfarm8_pastoral.jpg, hexfarm8_geological.jpg, hexfarm8_capital.png, hexfarm8_medieval.png, hexfarm8_industrial.png, hexfarm8_summital.jpg, hexfarm8_crystal.jpg, hexfarm8_digital.png if you want to be more specific and only override one of the skin. HexFarm8.png will make it use different texture for tip and bottom of columns, HexFarm.png will make it alternating texture when alternating face.
The texture can be any size, but respect the 4x1 ratio if you don't want pixels to be stretched. Also, I believe old graphic card prefer textures to be power of two.
Alpha channel is used to make everything under 50% transparent, use it to make the bridges see-through.
The two pixels at 1,1 and 1,2 from top-right are used to color the sky and the groundfog. However, it would be best if you used black, because fade to black can be done without extra fog layers, and because my lua skybox thingy fails for unclear reason if the camera isn't up and away.
- Units maybe be rendered all black if you use "reflective unit" video setting. To fix, disable reflective units video setting.
- The flattening on ramps and near edge never completes: Don't build there!
- Spring bouncing and pushing can make you lose units to the void.
- When 1v1 random startpos on a two-towered map, sometimes teams start on same tower.
- Since Spring 95, when new towers rise outside the sight of your units, your eyes see the new towers (because the map Lua doesn't care about LoS), but your units and interface only know about them (that is, will accept to go or build there) when you move a unit close enough to get sight. => If you can't build somewhere, move a unit on the spot first.
- Fixed max index in SetMapSquareTerrainType and SetMetalAmount to fix crashing in Spring 99 and over.
- Now disabling fog if FPS is low.
- Fix bug where frontier shape wasn't resized with area.
- Skin can now use face A for the tip and face B for the rest of columns.
- Added skins Summital and Crystal.
- Added percentage of construction and destruction : ugly but better than nothing
- Units inside air transport don't explode anymore
- Load much faster!
- Include a new skin by KaiserJ
- Increased size from 12x12 to 24x24
- New map option to restrict dimension
- Bridges and towers are now destroyable and rebuildable!
- Amount of metal is now configurable, and much higher by default.
- Added PicassoCT city-at-night and monument valley skins
- Avoid the case with three unconnected towers by adding a big one in the middle in this case
- Push back units that only slightly fell
- Fixed bug where the two pixels for skybox only worked for a given texture size
- Now with three skins: Medieval, Industrial, Digital
- Not all towers have geo anymore
- Set metal map (if possible) and terrain type map
- Workaround for relayhost start pos type implemented
- Destroy units that are outside the playable area
- Draw fog and a pseudo skybox for external skins
- Use the texture transparency
- Avoid time-outs with ClearWatchDogTimer instead of setting overlay
- First release!
Topic split from the KP subforum thread as this map is no longer only for Kernel Panic.