I have the same problem on Ubuntu 18.04 and cannot start recent engine versions. I tried 104.0.1-567-gc484c10 and 104.0.1-718-gc76769c. (104.0 is starting.)
On Ubuntu 18.04 there is no libcurl-compat
package and libcurl3
cannot be installed parallel to libcurl4
. Therefore, I did not find a workaround to start spring.
I get the following error:
.spring/engine/104.0.1-718-gc76769c maintenance/spring: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by .spring/engine/104.0.1-718-gc76769c maintenance/spring)
I looked into the bug report in Ubuntu https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1754294
which reveals that the issue affects many programs.
What I got from there
- libcurl3 already provided the symlink 'libcurl.so.4'
- libcurl3 has a 'curl_version@@CURL_OPENSSL_3' (symbol)
- libcurl4 provides the symlink 'libcurl.so.4'
- libcurl4 has a 'curl_version@@CURL_OPENSSL_4' (symbol)
- libcurl3 and libcurl4 cannot be installed together (because of the 'libcurl.so.4' symlink)
- It is a packaging issue (ubuntu or debian), curl itself (source) is backwards compatible.
I do not fully understand the version symbol, but I think a solution would be to use CURL_OPENSSL_4 when linking against 'libcurl.so.4' and not CURL_OPENSSL_3.
Can you check again if such a change would be possible?