Most of these questions are going to be focused around the lobby/server, but not all of them. Please answer at least one or two of them, if you can/wouldn't mind. All would be awesome.
- What happened to the idea of a community lead?
- Why does it seem so hard to have any successful discussion on this forum? (Please: Use max of 5 words, and don't disagree with others. I want people to feel safe to say whatever***. And I want radical out-there opinions. Just curious.)
- Do people still actively discuss lobby development in any channels on the official server that I should know about? I've kind of stalked a few but all the discussions have died mainly?
- What happened to Cheeselobby? Picasso has a fork of it on github, but the original repo apparently doesn't exist?
- What's the state of matchmaking on uberserver?
- How would the server respond to an influx of players wanting to play on BA 9.46 and Spring 103? Hypothetically. Oh, and for fun they're all running a new Mac-specific lobby client and, well, all on Mac. Hypothetically.
- How many instances of SPADS (Or some equivalent) could you in theory run on a single machine (say a server), for fun let's also say the instance of uberserver they're connecting to is on the same machine. (I'm afraid the answer is 1… but hoping not). What restricts it?
- The engine can be started by a start script placed (in theory) anywhere on a machine?
- Why exactly was NOTA lobby breaking the GPL? I know there's an explanation somewhere, I've seen it before, but I can't find it again.
- How could the lobby/server facilitate tournaments, say in a matchmakerish sense?
- Thoughts on something this. I want the people who don't like it to tell me how they'd make something with the same intention work. Even if they don't like that solution, just the best they can come up with.
- Who what when where how why do people discover this engine and/or its games? Does anyone know?
- Is there a grand picture for the Spring infrastructure/community/engine/role in the world of RTS games?
- I'm sure there are many more to come.
***Appreciated if the mods could enforce this but I understand if that would be viewed as overreaching.