So...I just played Homeworld II

So...I just played Homeworld II

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

User avatar
Muzic
Posts: 950
Joined: 09 Aug 2006, 07:08

So...I just played Homeworld II

Post by Muzic »

My thoughts about this game is all summed up into 1 word. Yes 1.

OMGHOLYSHITFUCKINGSPACERTSWASFUCKINGEPICANDAWSOMEHOLYSHITTHISGAMEFUCKINGPWNSANDILOVEPANCAKES

I looked it up in the dictionary, the example was the boxart of Homeworld 1, 2 and that other one all combined into one abstract picture of a man holding bunny. Yes it was so awsome that I would make a horrible internet joke totally unrelating to the awsomeness that is the Homeworld series.

Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....

Any tips?
0 x

User avatar
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer
Posts: 1509
Joined: 22 Nov 2005, 22:58

Post by Fanger »

play more...
0 x

User avatar
Muzic
Posts: 950
Joined: 09 Aug 2006, 07:08

Post by Muzic »

Fanger wrote:play more...
Just beat it.
0 x

User avatar
Ishach
Posts: 1670
Joined: 02 May 2006, 06:44

Re: So...I just played Homeworld II

Post by Ishach »

Muzic wrote:My thoughts about this game is all summed up into 1 word. Yes 1.

OMGHOLYSHITFUCKINGSPACERTSWASFUCKINGEPICANDAWSOMEHOLYSHITTHISGAMEFUCKINGPWNSANDILOVEPANCAKES

I looked it up in the dictionary, the example was the boxart of Homeworld 1, 2 and that other one all combined into one abstract picture of a man holding bunny. Yes it was so awsome that I would make a horrible internet joke totally unrelating to the awsomeness that is the Homeworld series.

Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....

Any tips?
what does this post say i cant read it
0 x

User avatar
Strategia
Posts: 575
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 18:32

Re: So...I just played Homeworld II

Post by Strategia »

Muzic wrote:Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....
First missile hit the major population centre(s). After that, the remaining pop is more and more scattered, so actually hitting and killing them with the missiles becomes ever harder.
Any tips?
Well..... not really a tip, more like a cheat.....

You can edit the starting fleet files, and give you any ship you want, optionally carrying any number of any small craft if capable of doing so (Carrier, shipyard, mothership) Five Sajuuks can pretty much clear out anything, and if that don't work then 25 Motherships with about 25 Interceptors, 15 Bombers, 15 Corvettes and 10 Pulsar Corvettes per ship can..... :twisted:
0 x

User avatar
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer
Posts: 7017
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 13:08

Re: So...I just played Homeworld II

Post by zwzsg »

I still haven't unwrapped the Homeworld II I bought last year.
0 x

User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20671
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

I borrowed my copy (my fav game of all time) to a friend, who returned it the day after with the phrase "I couldnt install it, when I took it out the case it looked like that", so I look at the CD, and the rest I shan't mention.....
0 x

User avatar
rattle
Damned Developer
Posts: 8278
Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 13:15

Post by rattle »

I liked HW1/HW:C a lot more. Take a look at the PDW mod, then you'll see what HW2 could have been...
0 x

User avatar
Comp1337
Posts: 2434
Joined: 12 Oct 2005, 17:32

Post by Comp1337 »

I like pancakes too.
0 x

User avatar
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer
Posts: 1509
Joined: 22 Nov 2005, 22:58

Post by Fanger »

PDS mod is made of awesome win and gunfire..
0 x

User avatar
Muzic
Posts: 950
Joined: 09 Aug 2006, 07:08

Re: So...I just played Homeworld II

Post by Muzic »

Strategia wrote:
Muzic wrote:Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....
First missile hit the major population centre(s). After that, the remaining pop is more and more scattered, so actually hitting and killing them with the missiles becomes ever harder.
Any tips?
Well..... not really a tip, more like a cheat.....

You can edit the starting fleet files, and give you any ship you want, optionally carrying any number of any small craft if capable of doing so (Carrier, shipyard, mothership) Five Sajuuks can pretty much clear out anything, and if that don't work then 25 Motherships with about 25 Interceptors, 15 Bombers, 15 Corvettes and 10 Pulsar Corvettes per ship can..... :twisted:
I edited mine to 5 battle cruisers and about 10 destroyers. Nothing to fancy. By the way, could you research a hyperspace module in story mode? Becuase if so, I could have saved my self alot of trobule.
0 x

User avatar
Dragon45
Posts: 2883
Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 04:36

Post by Dragon45 »

Skill in RTS games is damn near universal

ergo

Get better at Spring
You will get better at HWII

I beat HW2 on hard difficulities pretty quickly...
0 x

User avatar
Snipawolf
Posts: 4357
Joined: 12 Dec 2005, 01:49

Post by Snipawolf »

yeah, cuz strategy games rely on your brain to calculate and form STRATEGIES, so you are doing the same thing in every game...
0 x

User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

cataclysms single player was better by far, homeworld multiplayer was better. I was disappointed at how dumbed down HW2 felt. I damn hate squad based RTS. "Its like having 100 ships!" no, its like having four ships, each of which as the animation of lots of little ones.
0 x

User avatar
Deathblane
Posts: 505
Joined: 01 Feb 2006, 01:22

Post by Deathblane »

It's such a shame HW2 didn't live up to HW. The original HW had a n awesome modding community with mods for just about every sci-fi univers you can mention.

I still have an encyclopedic knowledge of star ships from Trek (every era), Wars, B5 and Farscape.
0 x

User avatar
knorke
Posts: 7971
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 01:02

Post by knorke »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I damn hate squad based RTS. "Its like having 100 ships!" no, its like having four ships, each of which as the animation of lots of little ones.
I have to agree, this is the stupidest "invention" in RTS.
In this Warhammer 40k game it was semi-ok but in the new Command&Conquer they also have infantry squads. This leads to fights with like 50 soldiers on each side. Oh, those are really only 5 vs 5...
0 x

User avatar
Zoombie
Posts: 6149
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 07:08

Post by Zoombie »

COH did squads very well.
0 x

User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

COH was poor as hell imo.
DoW got away with it by being fluent n agressive.
new CnC, from the demo I played, is a pack of shizzle.
0 x

User avatar
Muzic
Posts: 950
Joined: 09 Aug 2006, 07:08

Post by Muzic »

I'll probably pick up a copy of HW1. Seeing how you guys said it was all pretty good.
0 x

User avatar
Zoombie
Posts: 6149
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 07:08

Post by Zoombie »

COH was fun as hell, more like. Sure WWII's been done to death, but this is one good RTS. I, Zoombie, have spoken.

And, Music, the original HW is a far better game. It's got a better plot, cooler ships, and just feels better. The only thing lacking are the graphics...but what are those compaired to fun?
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

cron