How do you change building spacings?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

munch

Post by munch »

-Can now control spacing when rowbuilding using the forward/back buttons (xButtons) on mouse
What are the xButtons? Is this something that hardly any mice have on them? I'd love to have this feature - hoping there's an answer to this!

Thanks for putting it in though =)

Munch
mongus

Post by mongus »

a guy with a 5 buttons mouse, toldme he could space buildings when using shift alt, and the metioned buttons.
i destroyed his base in anger.
munch

Post by munch »

LOL thanks Mongus - I'll put a change request in on the Bugs/help page to get it made available to us mortals with only 3 mouse buttons

Munch
HiEnergy

Post by HiEnergy »

The "mouse" on my Toshiba Satellite has only 2 buttons...

*SCNR*
mother

Post by mother »

mongus wrote:a guy with a 5 buttons mouse, toldme he could space buildings when using shift alt, and the metioned buttons.
i destroyed his base in anger.
:evil: That'd be me.

And yes, they are mouse-4 and mouse-5, aka the 'thumb' buttons.

----------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^
Err These buttons on my mouse.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Just wait till I get home to my trusty mx1000 again then i will include support for sidescroll on scrollwheel also :)

But I have run out of good keys to bind it to on the keyboard. :)
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

SJ wrote:Just wait till I get home to my trusty mx1000 again then i will include support for sidescroll on scrollwheel also :)
I think about 10 people will fill in a order for a mx1000 @ there local webshop within a hour after reading your post. 8)
mongus

Post by mongus »

well it was more envy than anger, but i had the advantage... had not nice features to distract me.. (apart from mexes radius lines, scar marks, the cool loading screen images, and the nice black color of my army).

how bout shift+rollwheel, if you roll forward, the grid gets smaller, rolling the other way, gets bigger... this while holding shift (+alt too) and dragbuilding.

holding spacebar moves the hole build array.. :wink:

well its easy to say it.

ps:i dont dare to post my mouse picture., but its a good old trekker, has a nice feeling, i cant get rid of it, even when i have a genius optical (ugly).
when i click too much with the wheel, its spring makes sounds.. haha
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

I have an mx1k, i've tried pressing the browser forward-back buttons but those dont seem to do much, how exactly do i sue this?
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

mongus wrote:...
how bout shift+rollwheel, if you roll forward, the grid gets smaller, rolling the other way, gets bigger... this while holding shift (+alt too) and dragbuilding.
I supose that would be the way it would work if the mouse wheel wasn't already in use. In the "TA Camera", it zooms in and out (in the wrong direction, though, and still). Doing that, it would have to be programed an exception and we would loose the zooming control with shift+alt selected.

If there wasn't the need to program an exception overriding the normal mouse wheel, i would say that that is how it should have been done.

Off to buy (eventually) a new fancy mouse that i was going to buy anyway...
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

OMG! that mouse is the sex! i wants it! the precious mouse! (not to eat though 8) that comes later :twisted: )
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

I wont bother ordering a mx1000... I got one already...

Is it me or does having one make it relay hard to use your work mouse?

Please add in a use for the side scrollers!! Please!!

aGorm
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

I have MS explorer mouse, but haven't tried the new option with spacing. I thought the OTA recorder method was ideal, and have been asking for it from the start, and now finally they added it, but differently.

Return to “General Discussion”