Spore thoughts. - Page 5

Spore thoughts.

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Re: Spore thoughts.

Post by SwiftSpear »

The difficulty settings definitely have an effect. On harder difficulties enemy packs mood to you is basically a true random, so many will attack you for simply walking by them. They also wander alot more. It's still somewhat simplistic... but the behavior is much more emergent.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

In the cell stage on hard I had the other cells at one point employ tactics.

Some cells would gather into herds. There where these mud clumps and when you went by they'd disintegrate to reveal a little cell but then they'd chase you in packs of 5 or 6 nibbling, then there's the predators which hover around the green things in wait
manored

Post by manored »

Ya, one cool thing in this game is that the difficult levels vary through changes in the behavior of enemies, not through modifiers :)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

It doesnt work :( I installed it but when I start it I just get a black screen and a crash :( I have the most recent drivers and the hardware is compatible, anyone else having the same problem?
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

No
manored

Post by manored »

You probally should ask for help in their site, the game is new and famous so it shouldnt be hard to get... assuming that not too many people have this same idea :)
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

my gf bought me spore as a present (she didn't know I'd bitch about the DRM), so all my criticism went out of the window, in a way. with this issue gone, I must admit the game is really good. I forgot to go to sleep and only noticed that it's 7 am when sun started to shine through the window curtains - which nicely coincided with me launching my spaceship. the first four stages are not for the hardcore gamer and I didn't have much time for the cosmic part, but it's still a very fun game. highly recommended.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

imbaczek wrote:my gf bought me spore as a present (she didn't know I'd bitch about the DRM), so all my criticism went out of the window, in a way. with this issue gone, I must admit the game is really good. I forgot to go to sleep and only noticed that it's 7 am when sun started to shine through the window curtains - which nicely coincided with me launching my spaceship. the first four stages are not for the hardcore gamer and I didn't have much time for the cosmic part, but it's still a very fun game. highly recommended.
My ex only gave me misery and mediocre sandwiches. You lucky pig.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Got it to work, something with directX SDK, still I wonder why they didnt delay the release, like 20% of the people can't play becaus of bugs, and the drm is going to do more bad than good :/
manored

Post by manored »

Its because they had already delayed the release a few years, nobody would stand more delay :)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Meet Gary :wink:

Do I need to give the creature arms+hands and does it needs to be a biped eventually?
manored

Post by manored »

The means of locomation dont matter, but I think its a good idea to give it hands at some point. Its possible to go to the tribal stage winhout hands but I think you will probably have some kind of disadvantage... at least thats what the game suggests.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Hoi wrote:Do I need to give the creature arms+hands and does it needs to be a biped eventually?
Nope, you don't have to add anything at all. You can get to space age with a overgrown bacteria if you have the guts for it.

Meet the mighty Gary-eating Worg.
Worg.png
made by me :P
manored

Post by manored »

You wont want a overgrown bacteria tough, they might be cute in the top-down view of the pond stage but they get freaking ugly in 3 dimensions :) Also going through animal stage would be a self-torture.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

How do flesh blobs handle weapons like spears/axes?
smoth

Post by smoth »

in the mouth
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

mmm, I suppose that is one part creatures all must have.
manored

Post by manored »

Maybe they dont, thats why giving arms is a good idea :)
smoth

Post by smoth »

I said in the mouth mannered, that means in the mouth.
manored

Post by manored »

SwiftSpear wrote:How do flesh blobs handle weapons like spears/axes?
That was a answer to this post, but somehow 2 other posts snuck in first.

Your nickname writing abilities are getting worse, perhaps you should see a doctor

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”