Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.19) - Page 3

Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.19)

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.09)

Post by CarRepairer »

manolo_ wrote:
CarRepairer wrote:
manolo_ wrote:thx for adding the invert-zooming version to 0.1, but the settings arent stored somewhere. e.g. luaui reload and my settings for that widget are gone (also happend when a new game started)
I don't understand. Crudemenu and IceUI will save the settings used by this widget. Otherwise you must have edited the file itself. Reloading a game shouldn't matter. What setting in particular?
i use it with iceui, but it doesnt save any setting (scroolspeed, inverted zooming,...)
I'll have to check with Meltrax then, if he's still alive somewhere.

As a temporary measure you can edit the "value" entries in the options table in the file itself. Sorry about that.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.09)

Post by CarRepairer »

manolo_ wrote:
CarRepairer wrote:
manolo_ wrote:thx for adding the invert-zooming version to 0.1, but the settings arent stored somewhere. e.g. luaui reload and my settings for that widget are gone (also happend when a new game started)
I don't understand. Crudemenu and IceUI will save the settings used by this widget. Otherwise you must have edited the file itself. Reloading a game shouldn't matter. What setting in particular?
i use it with iceui, but it doesnt save any setting (scroolspeed, inverted zooming,...)
I'll have to check with Meltrax then, if he's still alive somewhere.

As a temporary measure you can edit the "value" entries in the options table in the file itself. Sorry about that.
manolo_

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.10)

Post by manolo_ »

i checked it again, it seems to be a bug of iceui, coz it doesnt saves the changes of settings of iceui too
Gedanken

Post by Gedanken »

Can't you simply make another activation key and an option for normal scroll to appease everyone rather than have them not use your widget?
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Just dropping in to say that although I, personally, can't get used to it, this camera has some pretty cool features and is pretty great all-in-all. The amount of flexibility it allows is astounding.
Car's also done a great job responding to user feedback and phasing in new preferences. Kudos! :-)
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Gedanken wrote:an option for normal scroll
CarRepairer wrote:If smoothscroll isn't your thing, you can use spring-style scrolling. (If you don't have Crudemenu or IceUI, follow these instructions.)
And thank you, Midknight.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.11)

Post by CarRepairer »

v0.11: Follow ally cursors while you spectate. Works with the Ally Cursors widget.

See first post for details.
slogic
AI Developer

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.15)

Post by slogic »

It does not remember last cam position.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

slogic wrote:It does not remember last cam position.
Between what, games?
manolo_

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.16)

Post by manolo_ »

nvm
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

CarRepairer wrote:
slogic wrote:It does not remember last cam position.
Between what, games?
Yep. Or do i need proper GUI framework for that?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I'm not sure what you want. Camera position is meaningless between games. Each map is different. Most games move the camera to the commander when you begin the battle.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Under position I meant height and angle of the cam, not coordinates. Sorry for mess with definitions.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Sorry it does not save height and angle between games. I'll consider adding the feature.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

bug:

when using this look around widget (key n and then jump, fly,...) and press m again, ccc dont go back to the original view, it stays in that position from the other widget
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

manolo_ wrote:bug:

when using this look around widget (key n and then jump, fly,...) and press m again, ccc dont go back to the original view, it stays in that position from the other widget
Not a bug. You're referring to the fps camera widget. I can't make it compatible with other camera widgets unless I rewrite those other widgets. Nothing I can do.
manolo_

Re: Widget: Complete Control Camera (v0.19)

Post by manolo_ »

k, its specrun and ccc doesnt saves the settings under iceui :(
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

manolo_ wrote:ccc doesnt saves the settings under iceui :(
You must summon the spirit of Meltrax from the great beyond to come and fix it.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Just kicking in for a couple kudos and a little contribution to the project.

First, CarRepairer, you should be worshipped! This camera system is awesome, people not "getting it" truly amazes me - they're probably used to toy-car-rolling their mouse just to scroll like in Warcraft3. Recent C&C games has had this system for years and it rocks.

Now, I've noticed a couple minor issues, and being a developer myself I decided to take a look and see what I could do. Since the code was so ridiculously clear, it was a walk in the park in fact - thx, thx, thx! As for the issues, basically what I found was that "Invert Zoom" (which I found a much more intuitive setting) wasn't properly updating the ctrl+MMB rotation so using the ctrl+MMB scroll and rotations gave opposite rotation results. It's now normalized so that both wheel up actions always "looks up". The other problem was that "reset camera" did a very rough translation which took my focus away from the battle and made me waste precious seconds. This was especially noticeable when a unit in first-person view was destroyed, I ended up with a weird angle and having to reset the view took you to an even weirder angle. So I updated it to something I felt to be more natural and comfortable - that's up to taste of course but I believe it's sensibly better than the way it was.

There's still one minor issue I haven't delved into, basically when you "track" something the camera rotation gets completely messed up - and resetting the camera disables the tracking of course. Not sure if there's an easy solution for that, maybe having a special track mode just for CCC? Anyways, here goes my tweaked version, I hope someone find it of use:

Complete Control Camera - MaDD patch

All credits go to CarRepairer of course, /me not worthy :)

Return to “Lua Scripts”