View topic - SPADS AutoHost

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 14:54 
Lobby Developer

TradeMark wrote:
the thing is... you just keep repeating the same things (or ignoring) instead of fixing stuff.
No, you're totally wrong, I fix all that I think should be fixed, check the changelog.
TradeMark wrote:
i know people ask the same things over and over again from you,
Really ? Who ? I've addressed a lot of user requests already, even one of yours (the others being irrelevant in my opinion, so feel free to fix them yourself).
TradeMark wrote:
but you seem to not understand how to make them to understand...
Indeed, I don't know how to make you understand how SPADS works, that why I think you should try another AutoHost.
TradeMark wrote:
thats where i came to help
Thank you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 07:03 

bibim I haven't played in a while but I wanted to thank you for making an excellent autohost that made it possible

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 09:59 
Lobby Developer

Thank you YokoZar, appreciated ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 01:43 

indeed it is a wonderfull invention bibim and i thank you for making the world of spring easyer on the administrators of hosts

have 1 question for you , where can i find error return status documentation to tell me error codes/fault

eg.
ERROR - [SPADS] Spring crashed (premature end, return status:256, running time: 8 seconds)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 01:55 
Map Creator

why i cant cheat /globallos or /godmode ? does it have something to do with SPADS? it says im not allowed to do those cheats :S i would like to play with /globallos.

Also suggestions: command to change ALL players colors into something, and ALL players "player bonus" into something. good for FFA etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 22:09 
Lobby Developer

Er4z0r wrote:
indeed it is a wonderfull invention bibim and i thank you for making the world of spring easyer on the administrators of hosts
You're welcome. However SPADS isn't the first AutoHost made for Spring (Springie was first). So you can't really say SPADS is an invention ;)

Er4z0r wrote:
have 1 question for you , where can i find error return status documentation to tell me error codes/fault

eg.
ERROR - [SPADS] Spring crashed (premature end, return status:256, running time: 8 seconds)
Well these return codes are the spring-dedicated return codes. It's not related to SPADS at all. I guess you can find them in Spring source code...
Maybe check spring data directory permissions, ports availability...
If you're on Windows, also check the "spring-dedicated.log" file.
Try to launch spring-dedicated manually with the start script generated by SPADS as parameter (var/startscript.txt).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 22:38 

thanks most appreciated m8

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 15:07 
Lua Coder

Should there be any problems running the autohost on the same computer that will be using it?

I cant seem to make autohost commands work from in-game (such as !stop or !force), and in the battle lobby the autohost tells me:
Quote:
Killing Spring process (by SkyStar)
AutoHost shutdown scheduled (reason: SIGTERM signal received)

(after using !stop in the battle lobby while the game was running, nothing happened)

and on game-end (It always ends like this no matter what)
Quote:
ERROR - [SPADS] Spring crashed (premature end, return status:256, running time: 2 minutes and 58 seconds)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 13:40 
Lobby Developer

SkyStar wrote:
Should there be any problems running the autohost on the same computer that will be using it?
No.
SkyStar wrote:
I cant seem to make autohost commands work from in-game (such as !stop or !force), and in the battle lobby the autohost tells me:
Quote:
Killing Spring process (by SkyStar)
AutoHost shutdown scheduled (reason: SIGTERM signal received)

(after using !stop in the battle lobby while the game was running, nothing happened)
It seems spring-dedicated can't communicate with the autohost, as if the port was filtered by a firewall or opened by another application...
SkyStar wrote:
and on game-end (It always ends like this no matter what)
Quote:
ERROR - [SPADS] Spring crashed (premature end, return status:256, running time: 2 minutes and 58 seconds)
"premature end" means spring-dedicated process has ended but the SERVER_QUIT message hasn't been received on the autohost interface (so, same problem as above). Can you check your logs (stdout.txt, stderr.txt, var/log/spads.log, var/log/spring-dedicated.log ...) ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 15:21 
Map Creator

dude, why i cant use cheats on my server? not even /nocost works, only commands that works are /give and /team

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 19:41 

hi bibim , i would like to request that you make a !mute <playername> command or !mute <all> , if thay cant be muted maybe the autohost can ************** what thay say ?

this would make my life easier as an autohost admin , it would stop the trolls and make my head stop hurting lol

as for TradeMark read the manual plz here is what you are looking for

maybe you should try using "!cheat nocost" ? insted of /nocost ?

http://planetspads.free.fr/spads/doc/sp ... mand:cheat

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 10:35 
Lobby Developer

Er4z0r wrote:
hi bibim , i would like to request that you make a !mute <playername> command or !mute <all> , if thay cant be muted maybe the autohost can ************** what thay say ?
Can you be more specific ? Are you speaking about the chat messages relayed by the AutoHost ? (from battle lobby to game and/or from game to battle lobby ?) Afaik that's the only messages that could be muted by the AutoHost.
The AutoHost has no control over the other messages (battle lobby messages are handled by the lobby server, and in-game messages are handled by spring dedicated server).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 11:41 
Lobby Developer

For the record, in current unstable SPADS release (which is being tested on Spads0-4 autohosts), a new player preference is available: clan. You can set this preference using command "!pSet clan <yourClan>".
This preference offers players an alternate way to set their clan at autohost side (beside putting their clan tag in their name).

Depending on its configuration (cf balanceMode and clanMode settings), for auto-balancing purpose SPADS can take into account clan tags in names, or clan preferences, or both of them.

Here is the default behaviour:
- If you have both a clan tag in your name and a clan preference defined, then the clan preference is taken into account first.
- SPADS balances teams by taking all clans into accounts (clan preferences AND clan tags for players who haven't defined their clan preference).
- If balance is not good enough, then SPADS rebalances taking only clan tags into account.
As you can see, with default configuration clan tags in names are still the only way to be sure to be in the same team.

Clan preference can also be used temporarily by players who want to be in the same team without having to rename to use same clan tag. However, SPADS preferences are persistent, so remember to reset your clan preference (!pSet clan) if you want your clan tag to be taken into account for future battles on this autohost.

Let's hope this will allow players to choose their team easily to a certain extent, without breaking balance too much...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 21:07 
Lobby Developer

bibim wrote:
For the record, in current unstable SPADS release (which is being tested on Spads0-4 autohosts), a new player preference is available: clan. You can set this preference using command "!pSet clan <yourClan>".
Is this available now?
I was just about to request something like this to the SPADS ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 16:14 
Lobby Developer

Zydox wrote:
bibim wrote:
Is this available now?
I was just about to request something like this to the SPADS ;)
Yes, it's available in "testing" and "unstable" releases.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 20:19 
Lua Coder

Is it possible to configure spads to automatically cycle maps after each battle within a predefined list of maps? Editing mapLists.conf seems to restrict allowed maps globally without auto-cycling.
Sorry if its mentioned in docs already, but I could not find anything about it. The docs are still great, spads is probably one of the best documented software in the spring universe.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 10:55 
Lobby Developer

very_bad_soldier wrote:
Is it possible to configure spads to automatically cycle maps after each battle within a predefined list of maps?
Yes, check rotationEndGame and rotationType preset settings.
very_bad_soldier wrote:
Editing mapLists.conf seems to restrict allowed maps globally without auto-cycling.
The goal of the mapLists.conf configuration file is only to declare map lists. These map lists can then be used in mapList preset setting to restrict the allowed maps in current preset, and in rotationType preset setting to restrict the allowed maps for autorotation.

Example:
In your mapLists.conf you could have something like this to declare "all" and "popular" map lists:
Code:
[all]
.*

[popular]
Altored_Divide.smf
Charlie in the Hills v2.1.smf
Dead Reef Dry.smf
DeltaSiegeDry.smf
Emain Macha.smf
FolsomDamFinal.smf
Green_Fields_fix.smf
Kappa_Basin.smf
LLTAComplexV2.smf
Nuclear_Winter_v1.smf
Small Supreme Battlefield V2.smf
Tabula-v2.smf
Talus.smf
Tangerine.smf
Tau10Dry.smf
TheRockFinal.smf
Titan-v2.smf
Tropical.smf
Tundra.smf
Valles_Marineris.smf
Then if you want to allow all maps to be chosen manually but only allow "popular" maps in your end-game autorotation, you would set your preset settings like this in spads.conf:
Code:
mapList:all              (all maps are allowed when chosen manually)
rotationEndGame:random   (map is changed randomly at the end of the game)
rotationType:map;popular ("popular" sub-maplist is used for autorotation)

very_bad_soldier wrote:
Sorry if its mentioned in docs already, but I could not find anything about it.
Tip: use the search function of your browser in this page ;)
very_bad_soldier wrote:
The docs are still great, spads is probably one of the best documented software in the spring universe.
Thank you, but actually I think it misses a lot of documentation (config file descriptions, operating guide, etc.).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:06 
Lua Coder

Big thanks for explanation! I think i can manage it now ;)

bibim wrote:
very_bad_soldier wrote:
Sorry if its mentioned in docs already, but I could not find anything about it.
Tip: use the search function of your browser in this page ;)

Hey I even did that! :) Too bad I was too much focused on the term "cycle" instead of "rotation" 8)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2010, 18:37 

no more ban
You can easily make a new account, which isn't a problem
so ban is just an idiocy which stops you from playing at all, as autohost battles are the most played

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 20:00 
Lua Coder

Okay, dumb question: How can I configure mod options permanently (namely mo_coop) through the config files?
Again, I cant find it, maybe anyone could give a small hint, thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next