How to configure rotation map lists

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Is it possible to configure spads to automatically cycle maps after each battle within a predefined list of maps? Editing mapLists.conf seems to restrict allowed maps globally without auto-cycling.
Sorry if its mentioned in docs already, but I could not find anything about it. The docs are still great, spads is probably one of the best documented software in the spring universe.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

very_bad_soldier wrote:Is it possible to configure spads to automatically cycle maps after each battle within a predefined list of maps?
Yes, check rotationEndGame and rotationType preset settings.
very_bad_soldier wrote:Editing mapLists.conf seems to restrict allowed maps globally without auto-cycling.
The goal of the mapLists.conf configuration file is only to declare map lists. These map lists can then be used in mapList preset setting to restrict the allowed maps in current preset, and in rotationType preset setting to restrict the allowed maps for autorotation.

Example:
In your mapLists.conf you could have something like this to declare "all" and "popular" map lists:

Code: Select all

[all]
.*

[popular]
Altored_Divide.smf
Charlie in the Hills v2.1.smf
Dead Reef Dry.smf
DeltaSiegeDry.smf
Emain Macha.smf
FolsomDamFinal.smf
Green_Fields_fix.smf
Kappa_Basin.smf
LLTAComplexV2.smf
Nuclear_Winter_v1.smf
Small Supreme Battlefield V2.smf
Tabula-v2.smf
Talus.smf
Tangerine.smf
Tau10Dry.smf
TheRockFinal.smf
Titan-v2.smf
Tropical.smf
Tundra.smf
Valles_Marineris.smf
Then if you want to allow all maps to be chosen manually but only allow "popular" maps in your end-game autorotation, you would set your preset settings like this in spads.conf:

Code: Select all

mapList:all              (all maps are allowed when chosen manually)
rotationEndGame:random   (map is changed randomly at the end of the game)
rotationType:map;popular ("popular" sub-maplist is used for autorotation)
very_bad_soldier wrote:Sorry if its mentioned in docs already, but I could not find anything about it.
Tip: use the search function of your browser in this page ;)
very_bad_soldier wrote:The docs are still great, spads is probably one of the best documented software in the spring universe.
Thank you, but actually I think it misses a lot of documentation (config file descriptions, operating guide, etc.).
very_bad_soldier

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Big thanks for explanation! I think i can manage it now ;)
bibim wrote:
very_bad_soldier wrote:Sorry if its mentioned in docs already, but I could not find anything about it.
Tip: use the search function of your browser in this page ;)
Hey I even did that! :) Too bad I was too much focused on the term "cycle" instead of "rotation" 8)

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”