Yes, but don't you have inter-dependancy between your gadgets?
Last time I tried to disable Lups by removing its .lua file(s), I couldn't manage to find which file did what. There were several .lua files related to Lups, and I wasn't sure of their relationships. I apologize for being so clueless, I know it's probably obvious for all of you, but it's not for someone outside CA project. - Which gadget(s?) do I disable to switch off Lups? - Which gadget(s?) do I disable to switch off only the distortion part of Lups? - Isn't Lups also used by widget? If so, same questions for widgets.
Replace all the LUPS particleclasses files with these. This resolved a crash-bug for me with distortion effects, but YMMV. If you're having crash issues with LUPS, please test this and let me know if it helped:
Didn't used your patches, but I replaced any gl_TexCoord usage with varyings as you told. I played 3 chicken matches with it and 2 of them crashed when I build an arm area cloaktower. But I couldn't reproduce it with `/cheat`ing (+ /give armjamt). Also I got a heavy lag when the cloaktower was finished, something what didn't happened when I used /cheat. Needs further investigations ...
Hrmm. Haven't messed with the cloak, tbh. Mainly was trying to see what was wrong with distortions like airjet and the ring distortion, which had been causing a crash over here. I'll take another look at cloak in particular, see if there's anything else in the shader that might be causing the issue.
That's really weird that /cheat is part of the issue- maybe it's trying to perform gl.Unit on stuff that isn't Finished? That caused a lot of problems over here with other things, might want to make sure there's a check for that.
After reading the differences in the main code, I'm pretty sure it's UnitFinished vs. UnitCreated (in lups_manager.lua). You guys are still using Created as the point where LUPS unit effects can be applied.
I made that change in LUPS Module awhile ago, got rid of various serious hassles. I probably should've mentioned it, but I was busy and forgot about it.
Shaders tend to bork or have serious problems if they're fighting with Spring's rendering code during the build process. Calling LUPS to initiate a unit shader only when it's finished deals with the problem... and it's why /cheat works.
Technically, this is a bug in Spring- if we invoke UnitRendering at any point, it should override Spring's ARB shaders and fixed-function stuff (treating it as wireframe, whatever) but it's not that simple unfortunately.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum