View topic - Air Raid V1.03



All times are UTC + 1 hour


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 16:21 
Damned Developer
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 12:15
Location: Banned user for reason “Do not post pictures of people fucking cars”
I want D├╝sennegers as sub/mini bosses


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 16:50 
Spring Developer

Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 07:34
Location: 50┬░ 56' N, 11┬░ 35' O
rattle wrote:
D├╝sennegers

Black people with turbines?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 17:32 
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 11:43
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
my other gripe was that enemy units are very very small- they could easily be twice the size and still be very difficult to see

+1

Also there could be adjustable speed - maybe just a limited afterburner.

And missiles make quite big craters often, otherwise its cool but makes it impossible to finish a target with gun after a missile hit if youre flying low enough.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 17:50 
Game Developer
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 07:44
Location: Germany
The enemy units are to scale. At the scale the plane is going at almost mach 2 BTW. You aren't going to see much of a ground target while going mach 2.

I've turned the controls into a widget so they'll be changeable without losing sync in the next version.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 17:53 
Map Creator
User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24
Location: waiting in line for The Expendables 2
playability > scale


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 20:49 
Moderator

Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:19
depends completely on the controls tbh; if it'll be easier to aim/control the plane, small units won't hurt that much.

what could be awesome is a small locked target display window, like all wannabe fighter/gunship sims in 1995 did.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 20:56 
Game Developer
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 07:44
Location: Germany
I have no idea how to do PIP but I like how the small size of the ground units allows me to be lazy with the texture :P.

Maybe it's not such a problem for me because I've had a few hours to really get used to the controls and can easily gun those small things down with precision... The hitsphere seems to be a bit larger than the actual model (just aim at the marker) and the gun has some decent AOE to make hitting easier so it shouldn't be hard to gun a ground target down unless you're being pelted by flak and have no time to aim.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 21:16 
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 11:43
Problem is that its hard to evaluate distance when you see nothing of the unit but just the marker. Sometimes I dont even know if its behind a hill or in front of it. I can check minimap but sometimes im too busy for that.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 01:15 
Map Creator
User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24
Location: waiting in line for The Expendables 2
rattle wrote:
I want D├╝sennegers as sub/mini bosses


and more stuff to kill! diffrent tanks, radar stations, satallite dishes, helicopters, bombers/cargo planes, power plants, boats! old WZ models :D!

and a choice of diffrent planes to fly! a stealth plane that units only target at closer ranges (ie, dosnt show up on radar) and a big cumbersome bomber with big bombs and autofiring mg turrets and a warthog equivalent and and and,

and floating powering ups that recover HP, give speed boosts and points and temporary invunrebility and temporary infinite missles and call in allied renforcements (aircraft you cant control that patrol, tanks that cruise in from the edge of the map) !

Quote:
Problem is that its hard to evaluate distance when you see nothing of the unit but just the marker. Sometimes I dont even know if its behind a hill or in front of it. I can check minimap but sometimes im too busy for that.


there is probably no way to do this, but having a cross in the targetting square of a unit when LoS to it is blocked would be handy


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 01:35 
Supreme Annihilation Maintainer
User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55
I want a Gundam.
Some of them could fly right?
How about a tank with AA abilities.
Some would play as planes some as tanks or mechs.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 03:11 
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 11:43
its possible to go underwater... But firing the gun there instakills you.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 07:07 
Damned Developer
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 12:15
Location: Banned user for reason “Do not post pictures of people fucking cars”
Auswaschbar wrote:
rattle wrote:
D├╝sennegers

Black people with turbines?
Black people on fire wearing a KFC bucket on their head and spitting chicken bones at ya... and the final boss goes shoop da woop!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 13:24 
Modeler
User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 20:07
Location: Next to the girl with kaleidascope eyes
A way to invert the mouse would be nice; right now aiming down makes you turn upwards...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 06:51 
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 23:08
Location: Germany
Guessmyname wrote:
A way to invert the mouse would be nice; right now aiming down makes you turn upwards...


do u own a pad, if yes use xpadder and invert there the axes


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 08:01 
Modeler
User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 20:07
Location: Next to the girl with kaleidascope eyes
Nope, mouse. Using 'invert mouse' in Spring Settings doesn't do anything either.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 08:16 
Community Representative
User avatar

Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 21:59
Location: small cars
awesome, just awesome.

requesting afterburners.

also, feel free to use any of the evo models you like for this project.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 08:27 
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 11:43
I played quite few short games, controls seem fine when you get used to it, but 1 big flaw: you need to be able to roll your plane around a full round. Most important after you turn around going on the vertical axis, and your plane is upside down and controls are inverted, to get back to normality. I hope thats understandably described...

Also some better sensors would be great. Not only distance indicator next to markers, but also something to tell where enemy planes are. Its hard to do any more advanced maneuvering against them when you only know their location when theyre straight ahead of you (besides minimap poinst but they arent exact enough). Something like the enemy missile markers but on the screen edges?

The dogfight is the most entertaining part of the game anyway though, even against computer planes.

And pls add option to slow down speed, you dont want to be too fast when tailing behind an enemy wasp (youll end up in front of it in no time).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 14:19 
Supreme Annihilation Maintainer
User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55
JohannesH wrote:
I played quite few short games, controls seem fine when you get used to it, but 1 big flaw: you need to be able to roll your plane around a full round. Most important after you turn around going on the vertical axis, and your plane is upside down and controls are inverted, to get back to normality. I hope thats understandably described...

Also some better sensors would be great. Not only distance indicator next to markers, but also something to tell where enemy planes are. Its hard to do any more advanced maneuvering against them when you only know their location when theyre straight ahead of you (besides minimap poinst but they arent exact enough). Something like the enemy missile markers but on the screen edges?

The dogfight is the most entertaining part of the game anyway though, even against computer planes.

And pls add option to slow down speed, you dont want to be too fast when tailing behind an enemy wasp (youll end up in front of it in no time).


+1


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 19:53 
User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 01:02
Location: cheap kitchen
this is awesome but the controlls are fail.
for example i hold the mousepointer to the right but the plane will not turn at all. then i start moving the pointer like 1cm up and down and suddendly the plane will react.
It seems as if the controlls only "update" when the mouse is moving?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Raid V1.02
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 20:50 
Game Developer
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 07:44
Location: Germany
knorke wrote:
this is awesome but the controlls are fail.
for example i hold the mousepointer to the right but the plane will not turn at all. then i start moving the pointer like 1cm up and down and suddendly the plane will react.
It seems as if the controlls only "update" when the mouse is moving?

Rolling simply does not steer to the side, you have to roll and then climb. Air Raid is inspired by HAWX in many ways and that's how the controls work there, it's extremely simplified in physics but the most awesome flight action game I've played (there's a reason I won't use the word simulation anywhere near HAWX or Air Raid).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Site layout created by Roflcopter et al.