Because some bugs still slipped through the 0.77b4 version, we have created a b5 release. If everything went as expected, this should be the last release in this short time, next one will take longer (even if it might become another bugfix release).
Look at the download page
for direct download links, or use the ingame updater which should now work in this version.
What has changed?
- check if common unitsync users are running, abort installation if any is found
- don't download and install RiverDale and SmallDivide when the user already has it
- even more preventions of DIV0
- whe watching a demo with a setup locally, overwrite maxspeed with 10
- fix mousehover detection for radar icons
- fixed performance of Lua fontHandler
- make the orbit-controller actually do something on win32
- make the orbit-controller speeds configurable
- rescale fonts on window resize so they don't look ugly
- fixed black border blending of fonts
- ATI drivers lie about not supporting extensions required by shadows. we ignore that extension now
- new fbi tag: bankingAllowed - only affects hoverAttack=1 units; controls if the aircraft can bank.
- fbi tag upright now affects gunships
- fix CAirMoveType using an uninitialized variable (maxSpeed)
- fix Aircraft fuel not working properly on units with multiple weapons
- fix SendLuaMsg
- improve heading table resolution, this makes huge units less jerky
- fix the gamespeed not going back up after it was slowed down
- when ArchiveCache has not been written yet, do not add archive dependencies that are already in the chain (was breaking demos)
- fix factories switching their yardmap to fully-blocked when a unit is present inside (so units don't getstuck inside)
- fixed map defined detailtex
- fix LUA Spring.GetTeamResources does not return "received" for one player on each team
Unitsync / Lobby interface:
- engine now loads many start script options from GAME\ModOptions\ section in start script, instead of just GAME\
- added EngineOptions.lua to springcontent.sdz, this contains the default engine options for backward compatibility
- GetModOptions unitsync call parses both EngineOptions.lua and ModOptions.lua, and returns combined list of options
- lots of fixes to CMake and dedicated server (already released)
- minor KAIK stability fixes
I stopped uploading zip archives with the source code because I don't consider them usefull. If you have used them, post a hate message here.
Almost forgot to thank people who made this happen: imbaczek, kloot, tvo, submarine, jK, det and all helpers, testers, contributors etc.
Important: You have to upload your lobby to make use of some of the new features (included in the installer).