It lests you fiddle around with your selected units,
by asigning keyboard hotkeys to selection presets like
Control+Z (select all units of the same type).
You may want to select all the units of the same type but
apearing ONLY in the current screen (pan).
(for example all pewees in front, but not those at the back.)
Well, start the util.
Then press "New"
then Choose a key(im using Z)., or a combination of keys (i.e. control + p).
I want to work ONLY with the units currently sowing in the screen.
(You can define different subset of selection the key will work from, like all units).
(max dist. from mouse!! cool).(use weapon range as reference).
then we get to the "What to Select then" screen.
I want all units of the same type selected.
No need for the "no commander" setting, but i use to put that there...
(REMEMBER IM WORKING FROM CURRENT VIEW ONLY SUBSET).
you can change those keys using the uikeys.txt file, btw, spring does recongnize my awsd keys now :)
anyhow i cant get used to it already..
been looking at GCii latelly, cant get used to no radar blips or no "L" key to show the superb spring LOS ranges, no area load, no repeat... :D no custom selection keys.. keep being ripped by ai major parker.. .
1) Why doesn't "UIKEYS.TXT" contain every key binding or command?
2) Can someone tell me how to get a list of all the avalible commands I am able to to imput into the UIKEYS.TXT file?
3) Is there a key to activate resurrection? Like there is for Reclaim or Repair?
4) Is there a key for activating repeat orders?
5) Is there a key for changing fire modes like in OTA? (Used to be "f")
6) Is there a key for changing move behaviors again like in OTA? (used to be "v")
7) Is there a way to disable double pressing a number so that it doesn't try and center on the team? (I found that this is Extremely annoying when the team includes units being built, and I'm coordinating a battle between two teams and I forget which team I've got selected and my vision is suddenly snapped away from the battle to a point that's the average distance between my factories and my attacking units. I'd like to disable that feature if that's okay.)
Also here's a key stroke that's useful, I bound mine to Ctrl+E I hope that key's free...
That command acts just like Ctrl+Z except it only affects units on screen. Perfect for selecting a mixed group of tanks or whatever without actually say... Selecting the air transports that brought them in. (I couldn't make that command with the GUI, I had to manually edit the thing together, and put it into selectkeys.txt)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum