View topic - Some echantment proposations for lobby and in-game-program


All times are UTC + 1 hour


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Implement kicking?
Yes 85%  85%  [ 17 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 21:00 
User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2005, 09:30
I have some things I want to propose for TASpring.

In-game lobby I have been found there are some wery nice people, also I have found out that some people are really impatient and would kick before asking. It would be a catastrophe to allow kicking!!! It's straight equal to allowing gun carrying in real life.

Would you like you would being kicked from pub before asking anything because you have no pants and you don't know that in pub you need pants?

Kicking option boosts net criminality, spamming count and unpleased gaming experiences. You have been pointed this into right with your early lobby -alpha.

I'm against implementing kicking option. Instead we echant the lobby program other ways:
- Allow force start where non-ready users get kicked and the joining option is removed. the force start is timed for 30 sec.
- Allow selecting if spectating is allowed or not.
- Prevent joining into game server if you have no mod, instead direct the user to the public download page where he can get any mod registered to the main frame.
- Make main frame behave more human-like but keep it as comp( provide it with abilities to be friendly, comprehending but cold ).
- Policy: Everybody must be able to play public games freely independently from his skills.

Another thing is with personal control.
Game needs cockpit and ability to make command groups which follows one plane's movement in formation descbrided. Also machine cockpit would be great addon for one commander vs. one commander with 6 player! It is just so awesome to control these things.

What do you think about my suggestions I have been wondering these things to make it funnier and more enjoyable for everybody who likes extremely tactical games.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 21:15 

Joined: 01 May 2005, 22:09
Location: MI, USA
Cheery wrote:
In-game lobby I have been found there are some wery nice people, also I have found out that some people are really impatient and would kick before asking. It would be a catastrophe to allow kicking!!! It's straight equal to allowing gun carrying in real life.

Welcome to the real world. Deal with it.


Hmmm, let me change a small phrase in you sentance:
Kicking option Freedom boosts net criminality, spamming count and unpleased gaming experiences. You have been pointed this into right with your early lobby -alpha.

(Oh, btw, you only really brought my ire because of ignorant comparison to disallowing people to own guns)

Finally, this is the wrong forum.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 21:47 

Joined: 14 May 2005, 09:02
Kicking should (no, wait. MUST be implented. It allows kicking afkers, assholes and plp who joined a private game( it happens!). If plp may be rude (''WE DONT WANT ANY ******* NOOBS/PROS HERE) or that someone is gonna cry for mommy cuz he got kicked for lagging then: 2bad4them!

BUT i do think that ingame a host kick should not be implented. A votekick on the other hand....

:twisted: hmm... nice smileys....
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 21:52 
Map Creator
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2005, 19:08
Yet another post like this... *rolls eyes* Your against kicking until you are negatively effected by not being able to kick a troublemaker/cheater. Comparing this to a person carryin a handgun is insane. It is the intentions of that person that make the difference. Honestly I cannot come up with a situation where someone would kick someone else without reason.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 21:55 
Map Creator
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2005, 19:08
Cheery wrote:
Would you like you would being kicked from pub before asking anything because you have no pants and you don't know that in pub you need pants?

I swear you must be insane.... Im glad they don't allow pantless people into my pub :P This example could be used to explain why we NEED kicking. What if there was some crazy bastard coming into your bar screaming his head off kicking tables over, and you COULD NOT kick him out? It just was not possible, no way to do it. How would that effect things?
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 22:14 
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2005, 03:37
Location: New Hampshire USA
I would vote "NO" at this time.

I think a option to exclude watching and a option for the
host to change settings of players ... to setup things correctly.
Like setting check boxes and redoing the team and allie settings.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 22:41 
User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2005, 09:30
Cheery's default: there aren't spammers and idiots, only people who wants bad and people who wants good and people who wants good but doesn't know things.

Bad people would make bad agains bad, good people would prevent bad making bad, and good people who doesn't know things, may do bad when not knowing it's bad.

This is my notice from everything. The main reason for not carrying gun, is that you cannot fight with bad against bad with good results. :arrow: If you shoot somebody, somebody else comes and shoots you for revenge.

Some extra reasons I have a lot more than these ones before:
- There wont be bad people who will spam system and griefers people with banning and kicking and game system, the kick option is unnecessary.
- You should be always able tell for main frame if somebody is griefering you or irritating people with his doings. The main frame would tag the irritating person and check after him/her.
- Monitor internet for suspecting spamming/stupidity program for TASpring and destroy their work / sue them. Destroying a tool which does bad, is not bad thing.
- kicking is not an option for bad behauvior. It results as banning which continues to cheating which continues to people who makes programs designed for contamine game experience.
- smooth-spoken and polite way is always better than kick. If it doesn't work, the user is crazy or otherwise bad person and you can declare him for main-frame.
- some people are damn impatient, so they should force start their game if they have so big rush on.

I would do any other system available instead of doing simple kick and ban system. Kick and ban has been tested and it doesn't work really. Not at all.

Think about all the games you see. For example Counter Strike. There the people are really annoying, not because of playing, because they are in total war against everybody! They aren't kind in any aspect.

Once yet! Agressive behauvior reflects as agressive behauvior!
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2005, 22:47 
User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2005, 09:30
Quote:
I swear you must be insane.... Im glad they don't allow pantless people into my pub :P This example could be used to explain why we NEED kicking. What if there was some crazy bastard coming into your bar screaming his head off kicking tables over, and you COULD NOT kick him out? It just was not possible, no way to do it. How would that effect things?


:| If that guy would be an same kind of impatient guy from space who doesn't know the rules and looks like human species? He would make his regional greeting for you. Then you would kick him out? He would misunderstood that behavior and come with his friends and vulcanize whole earth for your behavior. What would you say then? It's rare that there would come an person who doesn't know that you need pants in pub and you shouldn't scream and kick tables in real life, but the metaphor is exact.

hrmph wrote:
Yet another post like this... *rolls eyes* Your against kicking until you are negatively effected by not being able to kick a troublemaker/cheater. Comparing this to a person carryin a handgun is insane. It is the intentions of that person that make the difference. Honestly I cannot come up with a situation where someone would kick someone else without reason.


Well... How do you think I'm able to make somebody troublemaker or cheater with my attitude to life?

Kixxe wrote:
Kicking should (no, wait. MUST be implented. It allows kicking afkers, assholes and plp who joined a private game( it happens!). If plp may be rude (''WE DONT WANT ANY ******* NOOBS/PROS HERE) or that someone is gonna cry for mommy cuz he got kicked for lagging then: 2bad4them!

BUT i do think that ingame a host kick should not be implented. A votekick on the other hand....

:twisted: hmm... nice smileys....


I see, but what if you would request that to implement into main frame?
You are democratic. But do you know, in finnish we have democracy and nothing progresses. After all only some people does the policy and rules the country.

You should try be more kind for newbies and use proper language. Do you think somebody is really so idiot that he cries because he cannot play with you that time? You must be an idiot in that case. He cries because you treated him like somekind of rag. Anybody would get mad from it.

Communistic system proggressed very well, you must remember that. It collapsed into wrong design. Nowadays communistic system cannot be implemented in real life because there is an USA which shatters it because of historical 'facts' and really bad persons in manipulating it's goverment system.

coryrc wrote:
Welcome to the real world. Deal with it.

What are you thinking I'm doing posting this thread?

coryrc wrote:
Hmmm, let me change a small phrase in you sentance:
Kicking option Freedom boosts net criminality, spamming count and unpleased gaming experiences. You have been pointed this into right with your early lobby -alpha.
(Oh, btw, you only really brought my ire because of ignorant comparison to disallowing people to own guns)

Finally, this is the wrong forum.

Do you want not to be free? Well, I have been always wanted a personal slave! Would you come there from where you live and wash my dishes every noon? If you come, I agree what you said and begin to continue your politics and accept more slaves. Completely!

Sorry for making you mad, but there are considerable similarities between shooting and kicking. They are both violence.

This is not wrong forum because this is more design problem than general.

OOPS! Sorry for long post, but it's really worth to answer for you all ppl.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 01:30 
Kernel Panic Co-Developer
User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 13:08
The one who host should have all the right to kick at will.

Maybe now most players are nice, but there's mean people out there, and when they enter into my game to spam, be an annoyance, make game crash, cheat, etc..., I want to be able to drive them away.

If I host, it's my rule and get to keep or kick whoever I want.
If I join another game, I know I risk being kicked if the host doesn't like my attitude.


Not allowing kicking is straight equal to not allowing good citizen to gently push away the murderers and thieves that entered their living room.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 02:01 
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2005, 03:37
Location: New Hampshire USA
.
..
... Bottom line its up to the one hosting the game.....

The kick option should be added, but only the host can
do it ...

Also, the HOST should be able to force set options TOO ...

What I'm saying about force settings ... the check box
settings ... team and allie settings ..


I've think its a small group that plays Spring right now. I figure
around 40 to 60 ... The most I've seen at one time was around
30 ... on a good day ...

Seeing the kick feature add is a plus ... but not too important
in the short run ...
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 02:39 
User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2005, 19:46
Lets look at it this way...the host is graciously providing his bandwidth so players can play...

Giving him more power to choose who to play with is not a bad thing.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 06:44 
User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2005, 09:30
Because some people doesn't even ask before kicks, I don't care about implementing kicking.

There are many, much more better ways which are more controllable. For example:
- Host can ask some person to leave instead of kicking if he doesn't fill his own customised degree, thought there wouldn't be any own customised if the selection methods would be able to define very accurately for main-frame. For example host could define that no-one with higher ping than n could join into his server. These abilities would been added as they are needed.
- More power brings more stupidity. You should see what happens for some people who gets enough power.
- Human is not enough accurate and he may misunderstand other people. So pure kicking is not a good thing.

Myself I don't think host is any way on advanced position against others. He gets the another people to play with him when he hosts! It's big difference between parasitism and mutualism. The benefit is both-sided so server host is not in any higher value than other except if he's running decicated.

There is really small group everywhere who to kick and there's not coming any more to kick if there are no implementation for kicking.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 07:07 
Imperial Winter Developer

Joined: 06 Feb 2005, 13:42
Location: Fort Worth
The world isn't a utopia like you seem to think it is. Especially the online world.

The kick option needs to be there. People can be trusted with power. In the case of chat, you need operators much like IRC, and in the case of games, the host is the most logical person to give power to. If the host wrongly abuses power, people will just stop playing with him or at least stop joining games he is hosting, it's just that simple...
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 12:40 

Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 13:14
We need limits on kicking, but it still needs to be in place.
I reckon a simple majority vote should be allowed. So if a host is impatient, then that is his problem. But if a guy is being a dick, then he will be kicked. Finally, if the majority of people are dicks, then who wants to be in tha game anyway?
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 17:05 
User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2005, 19:46
If someone kicks right when you join, then why would you want to play with them anyways?
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 17:26 
User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2005, 09:30
Well, in that case it should be private game. I don't care about seeing public servers which aren't public. Oh well, nevermind.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 17:29 
User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2005, 19:46
Even if we have some elaborate vote system, I don't think you can fix human nature with a game. People will be jerks, and there isn't much you can do. Once we impliment private messaging however, you should be able to send messages to those jerks. :lol:
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2005, 06:15 
User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 03:36
Location: The Steward's Realm
Don't reinvent the wheel. Or in this case, the chat room. Just implemented kicking normally and all will be well :P
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2005, 07:44 
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2005, 04:43
Quote:
Communistic system proggressed very well :shock: , you must remember that. It collapsed into wrong design :roll:. Nowadays communistic system cannot be implemented in real life :idea: because there is an USA :shock: :evil: which shatters it because of historical 'facts' and really bad persons in manipulating it's goverment system.


:arrow: Emoticommentary by me.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2005, 08:58 
User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 05:15
Location: New Zealand
Booting == good.

AFKers are bloody annoying.
Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Site layout created by Roflcopter et al.