I've been trying to make it play NanoBlobs, but I'm having various problems.
- It doesn't seem to want to scout (despite setting scouters), though it does occasionally send a wolf (flying NanoBlob scout) straight off the edge of the map, and you can see it flying out to infinity if you turn the camera. That's probably a Spring bug though
- It refuses to attack (despite setting attackers), even if you attack it a little to jolt it, though this might be due to the lack of scouting (I thought you'd added a maphack though?).
- If set to build 20 sheep, the lord would build one and then just stay there with his arm glowing until you manually moved the sheep out of the way, after which he'd build another (in the same place). Surely he could have just put the next one somewhere else?! Manually shift-alt-dragging a grid of sheep to build (as a human) works perfectly.
- Similarly, when building autofacs on repeat the lord manages to build a couple, but still won't bother moving from his current position so will give up after building about 4. While this may be linked to spacing values, spacing values shouldn't prevent builders from moving into empty space around them?
- I wanted to get the lord and sheep to spread out a little (to fix the above problem, and so the base is less clogged up), but b_randmove doesn't seem to do anything.
- I wanted the sheep to help each other build things so I set them to b_guard_like_con, which worked fairly well, except you'd get loops of them all guarding each other and so doing nothing. b_guard_like_con would be much more useful if it only guarded active constructors (and passed on to the next item in the tasklist if there were no active constructors). Unfortunately by default several sheep all set to build autofacs will each build their own autofac, rather than assisting each other.
- It recognised sheep as being b_power, but I couldn't get b_rules to do anything, so any power balance is going to be pretty tentative.
Anywhere here's my current best attempt. Slowly, inefficiently makes a base, and will defend a little, but won't even consider attacking. Simply makes 5 b_power per autofac, since I can't get b_rules to work. Needs lots of improvement, but may vaguely help someone...
Instructions: start a NanoBlobs game with NTai so it generates the necessary blank config files, then replace NTai/configs/nanoblobs03series.tdf with the download (make sure to remove the .txt extension).
(n.b. I don't really plan to maintain this...)
FYI here is a log from it running (including an incidence of a wolf disappearing off the edge of the map around 9:08 ): http:/ jomelweb.tripod.com/01-18-2007_2037_0_XE9.3.txt
Corresponding replay is here: http:/ jomelweb.tripod.com/070118-Mars-0.74b2-0.zip
Also a few bugs with the Toolkit v0.232 (which is a great idea):
- It saves the attackers field as e.g. "attackers=archerdemonknight;" instead of "attackers=archer,demon,knight;", and also occasionally puts a spurious comma after an equals sign.
- It crashes (DirectoryNotFoundException) if you open a config from the configs folder instead of the root NTai folder (I know this is mentioned on the Quick Help page, but it would make things simpler if you caught the error and explained).
- It crashes (NullReferenceException) if you leave the units page without selecting a unit. Could fix this by just autoselecting the first unit.
- Similarly, it crashes if you enter then leave the units page before loading a config (as there are no units to select).
P.S. I had to de-link the URLs in this post since "new users aren't allowed to post links"
P.P.S. I'm quite new to Spring, NanoBlobs, NTai and its Toolkit, so please forgive me if I make stupid mistakes!