Tested it. When we can call the animations via script, this will be very impressive. Glad to see this is moving along so quickly- I figured it'd be months before you could get back to this.
Three feature requests:
1. "Move Origin". Allows movement of the Origin XYZ just like Move, but doesn't move the geometry.
2. "Gridsize". Would change the sensitivity of the Move command, allowing the equivalent of "snap to grid" in most 3D applications. Would default to 0.1 units, but should be float-able. Could be combined with Move Origin or Move Part.
Basically, this would be another tool that would help translation of geometry over the format and setting up the rotational points (which is about 90% of the drudgework, as origins and part locations get all screwed up when hierarchies get made, and not all modeling software allows for manipulation of part origins natively).
3. It'd also be nice if UpSpring assumes that users want previous absolute positioning of child objects when they are Pasted onto Parents, instead of relative to the new Parent, which would also save modelers a huge amount of time. Then we could import the model as-is... fix the Origins with Move Origin, and be done and ready to animate- that'd be perfect
If you don't understand why this is a really big deal, I'll send you one of the NanoBlobs models in native OBJ, and let you try to put it together with proper rotational points in UpSpring- I think one try will convince you
Joined: 29 May 2005, 10:18 Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
... If you don't understand why this is a really big deal, I'll send you one of the NanoBlobs models in native OBJ, and let you try to put it together with proper rotational points in UpSpring- I think one try will convince you
I (or Tobi) realy need to set up WebDav that way you can simply point to the file there.
The swap button works now, and there is an example script of how to export animation info.
Also S3O are mirrored on save and load, but I'll remove that once it's fixed in spring.
scripts/exampleExporter.lua contains a script that writes some animation data to a text file. It's a little comment-less at the moment though.
I'm not sure what is needed for someone to write a BOS exporter... currently the exported file looks like this:
Joined: 28 Jan 2005, 18:15 Location: Cockpit of a Dire Wolf.
Ever notice that note in the weapon.tdf for OTA that said turnrate is in 65k degrees? Well, not quite... but anyway.
- What's the unit for turn speed? Degrees per second sorta, I'm mostly certain. When you place it in <>'s, then its multiplied by the angular constant of 182 before compile, to get it into Spring's rotational units.
- What's the unit for turn speed? 65520 (uncannily close to 2^16) is equivalent to 360 degrees, based off the angular constant. But Spring is -180 to 180, so thats -32760 to 32760. Or is it actually using 32768 in the engine...
- What value do I have to scale position with? I'm fairly sure that its the same as the position values in the model (at least in 3dobuilder, but you would know best if they are exactly the same in Upspring), however I have managed to confuse myself on the particulars in past OTA modding...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum