BASP + mission

BASP + mission

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

BASP + mission

Post by zwzsg »

Imma noucing mah fork!

Though I wish it wasn't a fork but be reintegrated into other popular flavor of BA.

Anyway, this is just BA, but with my single player system: save/load, ingame skirmish generator, and two missions. Run it alone, ingame press esc, then go play the "Fusion Farm" mission. It's a mission where two AIs are having a hueg battle in the southern plain, while the player is tasked to infiltrate a squad of kbots through the northern mountains into the back of the enemy base, to destroy all the fusions there thus bringing the battle to a quick victory. Oh and beware, even though I don't have proper triggers, a detachment of heavy tanks will roll toward your small base as soon as you climb the second plateau.

It could also double as a standardised stress test or screensaver, as if you don't touch anything, you basically have a huge battle going constantly forever*.

link: BASP_V713z165.sd7

*Not guaranteed to actually last forever. Chaotic amplifications of fluctuation of the random generator may lead to a win or loss. I could easily make a variant that last truely forever though.

Edit: Added triggers.
Last edited by zwzsg on 14 Nov 2010, 07:30, edited 2 times in total.
REVENGE

Re: BASP + mission

Post by REVENGE »

Sounds funnish? Although I'd rather see something that focuses on missions being tutorials for multiplayer strategies and tactics. Nice work on the save/load system. :-)
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

Made of win for new players looking to be introduced to the game - and approaches the concept of attacking rather than defending.
Mopar

Post by Mopar »

Excellent SP addition, one suggestion though a readme explaining that 2 maps are also needed DeltaSiegeDry and Small_Supreme_Battlefield_V2.

Good to see some SP missions and is the editor used to create them available for download ??? because I would like to have a look and create some missions myself...
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

The editors used to create them are Spring and Notepad++.

Through a lobby you run a skirmish with one or two NullAI. Ingame you /cheat /team 1 /give 9 corcom /team 0 /give 20 armsam etc.. etc... to give every team all their units. Then /spectator /godmode, pause the game, and give all the units orders, long queue of orders with the shift key. Once done, press esc and save the game (or /luarules dump mymiss). Then alt-tab out, and move the file from /Savegames/BA/ to /Missions/BA/. Edit it with Notepad++ to clean it, add some custom tags, and other tweaks.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

is fun; i kinda feel like i need a commander though to repair and build radar

defenitely very promising though.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

I added support for triggers!

Made a new mission demonstrating them, called "Initial Build Order Tutorial". This mission is supposed to teach nubs what to build first. Instead of plainly disabling every other buildoptions, I let the player free to click them, but if he makes the wrong choice, he gets weazeled!

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”