Just for the hell of it I made an AI that's shamelessly copied from AI War Fleet Command though MUCH more primitive.http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/KP%20Invasion.sdz
The only change is the addition of the Invasion AI. This is practically its own gamemode. Should probably be played with the Kill Homebase end condition.
The AI is completely passive, it will never attack or build buildings on its own (it will however build units with the buildings it has). However it will regularly announce a wave against a datavent held by the player (one wave per human player). The strength of these waves depend on the Intrusion Alert Level every player can see on the top of the screen.
Also these rules apply:
- The AI gets a minifac on every datavent and two additional homebases at the start of the game. Its homebases have 10x the regular HP. It will hit the unit limit within a few minutes so set that in a way that your CPU can handle.
- Destroying AI buildings will increase the Intrusion Alert Level, killing a homebase will have a large impact
- Building medium and heavy units (except the DoS) will also increase the IAL slightly (only integers are shown and the bonus here is in the decimals so you won't see it right away).
- Building superweapons gives a large IAL bonus (the Obelisk bonus is very low though)
- AI units patrol between its own buildings so you may need to destroy some to keep the patrols out of your base.
With a large IAL waves quickly become deadly so avoid increasing that unnecessarily!