IceUI - Page 5

IceUI

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Zenka

Post by Zenka »

We love you MelTraX, keep it up! (normally I sould suggest to break a leg, but in this case, I won't. Unless you will spend all your time forced behind a pc ;))
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Bug found with IceXuicks Player Info v0.7 (not using any others), I have no idea what triggered it but game was not autoserver, had a spectator, had some players leave and .take occurred (but this didn't immidietly cause the crash, or may be unrelated)

Screenshot of error message: http://pw3n.net/screen000.jpg

It didn't just crash the widget either, all lua widgets stopped working and F11 was broke following that message :( so pretty bad...
BoredJoe

Post by BoredJoe »

Taken from my other thread (with a cpl of things added)....could you implement this into the GUI you're making? :D

----
Currently when selecting large groups of units, you're bound to overlap a few times and accidently grab a factory or llt or somethings, you realise after your orders havn't been sent and you're left to either search hard for those specific units and ctrl click them or reselect carefully.

What I want is this:

Unit Management
All the important information is displayed, you can immediately see what unit you've accidentally got, but you can get rid of it by just ctrl+clicking on the GUI instead, or if you just want the peewees, just click on the peewees and get rid of all the other units selected.

Grouping
If you have selected a massive group of mixed units (e.g.) Bulldogs + Penetrators + Antiair.You can click the "together" button, and all the units are put into 1 Ctrl group (you can still select the bulldogs by just clicking and sending them elsewhere) This means it's possible to coordinate several different attacks with several different groups of units at the same time within the same Ctrl group!

or if you want to micro them seperately in individual control groups, you can click the "Seperate" button and each mass of units is given their own Ctrl Group

Health Display
Health of each group of units is shown seperately so that in a massive battle with mixed units you very easily can see which units are taking a fall and which are surviving (when units look similar from a distance, or there are too many units to count, this would be very useful).

Groups within groups
One other thing to mention, If you have made a group of units (or just selected a group of units), a hotkey should be assigned to each of the 6 possible groups, e.g. qwe for top 3, asd for bottom 3 (i know some of these keys are binded, but a set of keys along these lines). You should be able to select one group of units using these keys, but still be able to see and select the other non-selected individual unit groups in display (maybe grey them out a bit) .

The reason for this is so that you can easily select 1 control group, (or group of units in a selected group), then select each of the individual unit groups within that and micro them all very quickly and easily without having to assign several control groups and remembering what/where units are in each of those.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I came back from Austria two days ago..

I have put much work in my GUI framework now and I'm posting the first temporary version now to let you guys know how far I am:

Temporary version deleted. For latest version see first post.

This version is by no means meant for the end-user and should only demonstrate what I'm working on. Content-wise this is clearly a step backwards but that will change in time.

Also: I'm not really asking for bugreports yet since I know many things that need fixing. I will post new versions when things get better..

TheFatController: I don't really know if this was caused by my widget. In that line I only have a for loop and I only call the build-in pairs function. Maybe trepan has a clue.. But I won't look into this since I have to redo the widget anyway with my GUI framework..

BoredJoe: I was planning to integrate something like this. I don't know if it will be enough for you though :P .. Currently I'm not really working on the content but I will put some thought into it once I'm getting to it..
Last edited by MelTraX on 20 Mar 2007, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

Acidd_UK wrote:When I try to use thise, I press F11 and it just takes a screenshot. Same for F12 - any ideas?
I have this problem but I already have LuaUI switched on in the settings.

I do have some widgets working (I've forgotten what they are called though) but I have just installed more and yet they don't appear. I can't get any new widgets to work and I don't know what I have installed to remove it.

Under the resource bar I have a list of all the players in my team with their metal/energy production/usage/stored listed as numbers. Under that I have a list of all players with number of kills/losses. Anyone recognize it?
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Sounds like you replaced the gui.lua in your spring directory file with an old one. If so you will need to get the gui.lua which came with the lastest spring.
Meltrax maybe you should get rid of that link from the first page, some other people have been wondering why widgets dont work for them and i think its the same problem :)
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:Sounds like you replaced the gui.lua in your spring directory file with an old one. If so you will need to get the gui.lua which came with the lastest spring.
Meltrax maybe you should get rid of that link from the first page, some other people have been wondering why widgets dont work for them and i think its the same problem :)
SOME widgets don't work because they weren't coded properly... :roll:
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I edited the first post to reflect the current status..

These days I'm nearly exclusively working on the GUI framework so there really is some progress..

I will post an updated version the next days.. Possibly it won't have any elements of the old GUI anymore since I'm currently working on a buildmenu prototype.. But that doesn't mean I would use it for normal games since many useful features are still missing.
TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:Sounds like you replaced the gui.lua in your spring directory file with an old one. If so you will need to get the gui.lua which came with the lastest spring.
Thanks - that did the trick.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I uploaded the second temporary version of my IceUI and updated the first post.. Now there is actually some information in it and a nice little screenshot..

This version could already be used for playing.. Some content is still missing and the framework isn't finished at all but it does work..

Temporary version deleted.. See first post for download instructions..
Last edited by MelTraX on 27 Mar 2007, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

very very pretty :) if it has no serious bugs it should be included with next version of spring
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I wouldn't call it "bugs".. It's just not finished yet. Not that it ever will be "finished" but for example if you move windows to the top or left edge of the screen they flip to the opposite edge and stuff like that.. It also causes major slowdowns which probably kill the low-end systems..

So I don't think it will be in the next release. But I was hoping it would be included when it's ready for that.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

In all prettyness this lowers the FPS down to 30 for me. While this is acceptable, every other second the CPU goes to full load and the FPS rate drops down to 15-5.

Okay I'm on a really slow machine but I'm able to play with the normal luaui without much slowdown, even when font outlines are enabled.
It also causes major slowdowns which probably kill the low-end systems..
...and I should read threads to the end.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Make it more transparent by default like IceXuicks design.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I think transparency can be set.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I checked, colour can be set, transparency no, not without manual lua editing.

Also the minimap isnt scaled to the correct aspect ratio for rectangular maps.

There's also no maximise and minimize and to change or move the minimap I have to go into tweak mdoe which is a huge pain.

It also has no memory of tweaks you make.

Whatsmore if you already have the other earlier seperate lua widgets such as IceXuick tooltips etc then they all conflict and give a very nasty looking GUI.

You also need to increase the resolution of the images as they look very pixelated on 1680x1050 screens.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

It needs to show player names when they chat, and not just colored icons.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Dudes... Why do you think I posted this as a temporary file? It's far from finished.. And the transperency can be set. The fourth slider for the color is the alpha component..

Player names will be toggleable, the minimap will have the right aspect ratio, of course all settings will be saved and I hope that there will be hi-res textures.. There will also be an option to enable window title bars so you can move your minimap without entering Tweak-Mode.. But that's definately not prio 1..

If you have my old widgets, you have to delete/disable them yourself, because I can't check whether or not they're loaded atm..

I only post my current versions so you can see what I'm doing and so that noone does the same stuff that I do (like AlfaSubs window system).. I was only saying you COULD use it ingame since all important features work..
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

MelTraX, that's what happens when u post something, people pick it apart. :?
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Very nice! Althought the drop in fps is a bit evil :-)

Return to “Lua Scripts”