Long time ago i did some nosie
because changed behavior of units on gathering point. Today I found some time for making the widget for solving it. I tried some approaches, after some hours i just stolen formation features from NOE tools
and used them here for simple gathering point formation-making.
It works nice, first 30 units fit perfectly (using NOE "swarm" formation), another 60 positions are still acceptable (all with no endposition checking, no cpu eating
- spread...............= 250
- gettingPosition = "advanced" or "simple"
- xScale...............= 6
- zScale...............= 6
- For use in other game then NOTA, just change the scales settings (from 6x6 to 8x8 - 10x10 for BA for example)
- gettingPosition selects the the way of making some scattered cloud of units. Simple use simple randomization in given spread x spread territory, advanced use NOE formations feature.
- spread have different meaning for "advanced" and for "simple" gettingPosition mod. In advanced it means max. possible distance from last waypoint for center of next 30 units formation and for simple it means max distance from last waypoint for all units.
- Better result can be done be redifining the formation (for example use NOE hexagon instead of NOE swarm - hex doesnt look "disordered" and it has own formation generator = no real top limit)
- Widget knows what to do when end-waypoint is changed.
- Behavior after reaching 30 units on place is not bad, but can be better. But the widget was primary built for "nice small groups" then "napoleon lines" making (such things do other NOE tools).
- Default max spread can be sometimes problem for fast bots loading into airtransport (more flying for bus) and for fight on bridges and ramps... but thats mostly not about bad widget, but about its bad use