View topic - Error compiling Spring on Archlinux

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 06:46 

Hello !

First, I apologize for my bad english, and I hope I'm not posting in the wrong section.

I have Archlinux (i686 version) and I would want to compile the Spring engine for it. I followed the "Building Spring on Linux" guide, downloaded the source from here : http://springrts.com/wiki/Download#Latest_Stable_Snapshot, ran "cmake .", and installed the missing dependencies it showed me.

But then I tried to build the engine with "make spring-multithreaded" and, at about 10% of the process, I had this error :

Quote:
[ 10%] Building CXX object rts/lib/assimp/code/CMakeFiles/assimp.dir/Assimp.cpp.o
In file included from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/streflop.h:90:0,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/streflop_cond.h:13,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/../include/aiTypes.h:51,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/../include/Logger.h:47,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/../include/DefaultLogger.h:46,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/AssimpPCH.h:134,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/Assimp.cpp:45:
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:61:2: attention : #warning STREFLOP: FE_XXX flags were already defined and will be redefined! Check you do not use the system libm. [-Wcpp]
In file included from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/streflop.h:90:0,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/streflop_cond.h:13,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/../include/aiTypes.h:51,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/../include/Logger.h:47,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/../include/DefaultLogger.h:46,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/AssimpPCH.h:134,
from /home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/assimp/code/Assimp.cpp:45:
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:322:16: erreur: expected unqualified-id before ‘__const’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:322:16: erreur: expected ‘)’ before ‘__const’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:322:16: erreur: expected ‘)’ before ‘__const’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h: In function ‘int streflop::fegetenv(streflop::fpenv_t*)’:
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:327:21: erreur: request for member ‘x87_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:327:31: erreur: request for member ‘x87_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:332:21: erreur: request for member ‘sse_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:332:31: erreur: request for member ‘sse_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h: In function ‘int streflop::fesetenv(const streflop::fpenv_t*)’:
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:341:21: erreur: request for member ‘x87_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:341:31: erreur: request for member ‘x87_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:346:21: erreur: request for member ‘sse_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
/home/robin/Spring/spring_84.0/rts/lib/streflop/FPUSettings.h:346:31: erreur: request for member ‘sse_mode’ in ‘-1u’, which is of non-class type ‘const fenv_t*’
make[3]: *** [rts/lib/assimp/code/CMakeFiles/assimp.dir/Assimp.cpp.o] Erreur 1
make[2]: *** [rts/lib/assimp/code/CMakeFiles/assimp.dir/all] Erreur 2
make[1]: *** [rts/builds/multithreaded/CMakeFiles/spring-multithreaded.dir/rule] Erreur 2
make: *** [spring-multithreaded] Erreur 2

Maybe some dependencies are missing ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 17:07 

Take a look at
http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/ ... ges/spring

I guess you know you can just install spring from community and you will get spring-multithreaded on archlinux.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 12:45 
Spring Developer

see http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2768 for updates about this problem...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 12:04 

Best way to compile current stable spring on linux is to download it from the ABS, by doing the following: "sudo abs community/spring" "cp /var/abs/spring -r ~/spring-abs" "cd ~/spring-abs" "makepkg".

If you want to compile it from git you can probably use the spring-git package or if you're a developer just follow the suggestion you posted.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 09:06 

I just tried to compile Spring "for fun", but I finally got it through official repositories.

But maybe I'll retry later, so thanks anyway for your replies :-)
 Offline Profile