Feature requests regarding map management

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

• Could you provide an option in the cfg files for !nextmap to be ordered or random?
  • Is it possible for the default map to be set to select the first map on the default map rotation list?
  • Is it possible to change map options via spads? If not, could you make this possible?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

Jazcash wrote:
  • Could you provide an option in the cfg files for !nextmap to be ordered or random?
Hum, I could make !nextMap follow the same rotation mode as end game rotation?
If I add a new config parameter, it won't be available until SPADS 0.10 is out...
Jazcash wrote:
  • Is it possible for the default map to be set to select the first map on the default map rotation list?
Well, you just have to set the map preset setting to the map you want in your config file, it can be the first one of your map list. I think I don't really understand what you need actually...
Jazcash wrote:
  • Is it possible to change map options via spads? If not, could you make this possible?
Not currently, I could make it possible yes, not sure if it would be really used though...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

bibim wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
Hum, I could make !nextMap follow the same rotation mode as end game rotation?
Yup, that would be great
bibim wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
Well, you just have to set the map preset setting to the map you want in your config file, it can be the first one of your map list. I think I don't really understand what you need actually...
Well, for example, if I change the map rotation to another list, I don't want the default map to still be the first map on the first list or whatever I stick in map:"", I want it to always use the first map on the map list preset it's using at the time.
bibim wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
Not currently, I could make it possible yes, not sure if it would be really used though...
Well, more and more mappers are integrating map options for fog, rain and the like which for a lot of people, cause framerate issues, we have to use relays currently as there's no way to turn them off via Spads.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Jazcash wrote:
bibim wrote:Well, you just have to set the map preset setting to the map you want in your config file, it can be the first one of your map list. I think I don't really understand what you need actually...
Well, for example, if I change the map rotation to another list, I don't want the default map to still be the first map on the first list or whatever I stick in map:"", I want it to always use the first map on the map list preset it's using at the time.
Oh ok, then you can already do it by encapsulating it in a preset (you don't need to redefine all settings in spads presets). For example you can have this in your spads.conf file:

Code: Select all

[default]
description:Default SPADS settings
preset:default|mapList1|mapList2
mapList:mapList0
map:firstMapOfMapList0

[mapList1]
description:preset for map list 1
mapList:mapList1
map:firstMapOfMapList1

[mapList2]
description:preset for map list 2
mapList:mapList2
map:firstMapOfMapList2
Then, instead of doing "!mapList mapList1" for instance to change map list you just have to do "!preset mapList1".

But you're right, it shouldn't be very hard to support using first map of current map list as default map when map setting isn't set. I will take a look at it when I have some time.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”