Features cant be attacked

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

wolas

Post by wolas »

In spring 82.0 with aoe weapons I could attack features now units simply refuse attack them if they would do any damage to them also if some enemy unit is in that features range then it has sorta "shield" because other unit wont attack it. Feature must be blocking and units cant walk over it. How to fix no attacking thing?

I probably could replace them with GAIA units but then other problems arise like now those features-gaia have white circle around(I have widget dont remember how it is called but it makes easy to distinguish enemy units(red) ally and so on and I believe other people are using them too. So this is no go unless somehow it would be possible to remove that rendering. So better would be to work out with features.
smoth

Re: Features cant be attacked

Post by smoth »

gaia units is not the way to go because of unit limits.

does anyone know if lua spawned units can exceed the unit limit or are we just going to have to deal with it.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

To fix the no attacking it should like you need to tweak either;
avoidfeature, collidefeature in the weapondefs or blocking in the featuredef, or both.

Iirc Smoth, gaia now gets all remaining possible unitIDs once teams have been allocated theirs up to the game/lobby set limit.
wolas

Post by wolas »

blocking = false is not possible since whole point is to block units from walking over it and other solution edit weapondefs in mod? Impossible.

And by the way any good reason why engine dont want me to allow to attack features? Why this behaviour was changed?
smoth

Post by smoth »

FLOZi wrote:Iirc Smoth, gaia now gets all remaining possible unitIDs once teams have been allocated theirs up to the game/lobby set limit.
Seriously?? OH MAN! this is huge!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

wolas

Post by wolas »

Solved it in ugliest form possible by simply adding to gamedata/weapondefs_post.lua which is copied and modified from zk. Tried on ba it works but probably some random shit will happen. Anyway it is another 4x4 trololo like map and with huge ba xta and so on com explosions it wont be playable anyway.

Return to “Game Development”