Just uploaded the Contact 002 beta release Get it here: [url]h9[/url]
-Tons of bug fixes
-New faction to play with
-New defense units
-3 new Game modes:
-Team Demolition Mode: win by blowing up all the enemy team's radar installations
-Ally Demolition Mode: win by blowing up any enemy radar installations
-Commando Mode: You get a commando (tough guy with powerful weapons) Win by killing enemy commandos/ team, but don't lose yours
Here is the game in a nutshell:
You control a small squad 4 to 12 max. The only game mode that is implemented now is team death match, where every time a team remains the last ones standing they get a point for the match the map is cleared and redone. When you start you have a drop ship to assemble your team, but you only have about 120 seconds to do so before it flies off so don't waste your time. There are 7 classes of infantry to configure:Grenadier
- The Grenadier specializes in attacks against defenses. Grenadiers are armed with an assault rifle, a grenade launcher, and have suppression resistance abilitiesMedic
- The Medic specializes in healing team mates. Grenadiers are armed with a battle rifle and have fast healing abilitiesAssaultman
- The Assaultman specializes in attacks against vehicles. Assaultman have additional armor and are armed with a SMG, a rocket launcher, and emp minesInfiltrator
- The Infiltrator specializes in stealth and sabotage. Infiltrators are armed with a Carbine Rifle, Explosive Charges, a Sword, and have advanced stealth abilitiesRecon
- The Recon Marine specializes in long range harassing and scouting. Recon are armed with a long range heavy rifle, can set Seismic Sensors and have long range scouting abilitiesSupport
- The Machinegunner specializes in supressive firepower. Machinegunners are armed with a light machinegun and flash bangsEngineer
- The Engineer specializes in repair and construction. Engineers are armed with a Trench Gun and can build Sentry turrets
Each class has unique abilities to fulfill its role, but all infantry are capable for adjusting fire settings and stance settings. Fire settings
- for bonus in rate with a penalty in range and accuracyBalanced
- for a medium settingSlow Fire
- more accuracy and slight range boost, but with a slower attack rateStance Settings
- Limits attack types, but movement is very fast Balanced
- a medium setting, with some speed and some defenseDefensive
- Slow movement, but with defensive bonus, and camouflage (cloaking)
Your men have limited ammo and supplies, but the battlefield is littered with supply crates as well as other capturable equipment. Bunkers, stationary weapons, and vehicles can be used to the infantries advantage. To use any of these the infantry first have to capture it, and then pilot or command the machine.
Squads members are auto assigned to a squad bar for quick selection, and are also assigned group numbers. Unit types are color coded, for those who can't tell the difference from model details. Maybe I'll add an toggled unit role icon for people that like to play at strategic scale zoom.
Future plans for game modes are: Capture the flag, a kill ticket counter, and maybe an assassination/ rescue mode.
Next Release: Alien invaders? Tanks, Gunships, Anti Air, and mechs?