We need a stronger red! - Page 6

We need a stronger red!

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

FireCrack wrote:
zwzsg wrote:
smoth wrote:if they used team color 3(or 2 in the array) which is a white panel. They would have a blank of color texture. although I don't know how I would code that. Every team color overlay I have done was based on an alpha layer. I am not sure what they would do to manage this.
The problem is not just to get an uncolored texture, but also to detect which pixel are to be teamcolored and which should stay grey metal.
Hmm, well for the classic TA units at least all of the team texture is coloured...
Just be patient a solution is already found it is being worked on.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

FireCrack wrote:
zwzsg wrote:
smoth wrote:if they used team color 3(or 2 in the array) which is a white panel. They would have a blank of color texture. although I don't know how I would code that. Every team color overlay I have done was based on an alpha layer. I am not sure what they would do to manage this.
The problem is not just to get an uncolored texture, but also to detect which pixel are to be teamcolored and which should stay grey metal.
Hmm, well for the classic TA units at least all of the team texture is coloured...
You are wrong. Have a look at Arm32Dk, Arm32Lt, ArmLogoGouraud, Core32Dk, Core32Lt and CoreLogoGouraud.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

The basic thing that needs to be done, in my opinion, is to allow the "TeamColor Alpha" layer, exactly as it's set in s3o's to be set in 3dos, then someone can, using the ones from black, white, or grey as a base, create 10 new images with team colors as alpha. This will open up the option for people to use non-cavedog textures for teamcolor faces when using the 3DO format... so it's a double benefit.

In fact... why doesn't someone who is familliar with team coloring and photoshop just make these 10 images and upload them so the devs only have to support them in the code and don't have to making anything artsy themselves.
smoth

Post by smoth »

For the last time... listen to me for once..

It is being taken care of.

I have vollunteered my services to sj. It will be dealt with.
smoth

Post by smoth »

SinbadEV wrote: This will open up the option for people to use non-cavedog textures for teamcolor faces when using the 3DO format... so it's a double benefit.
I have already done this for gundam it took great amounts of effort and everyone ignored me. Now it is being handled in another way.
SJ

Post by SJ »

As smoth say he has sent me new versions of the teamtex textures where the team colored parts have been replaced by colors on the format x,0,x which i will then replace with colors teamcolor*x*1.5 on load time (1.5 might change).
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

zwzsg wrote:
FireCrack wrote:
zwzsg wrote:The problem is not just to get an uncolored texture, but also to detect which pixel are to be teamcolored and which should stay grey metal.
You are wrong. Have a look at Arm32Dk, Arm32Lt, ArmLogoGouraud, Core32Dk, Core32Lt and CoreLogoGouraud.
Ah yes, frogot about them natty logos...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: We need a stronger red!

Post by Forboding Angel »

Epic Thread Rez WARNING!

Pink is the Nu Red!!! FTW!!! hehehehe

Return to “Engine”