--large-address-aware unrecognized option

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

bilhamil

Post by bilhamil »

Hey Everyone,
I'm trying to compile the latest develop branch right now (using MinGW) and I'm running into an issue that shows up when trying to link spring.exe. The error reads g++.exe: error: unrecognized option '--large-address-aware'. I've tried using both the stable and newer releases of MinGW to no avail. Is there something I should be configuring in cmake? Sorry if this is a noob question.
Peet
Malcontent

Re: --large-address-aware unrecognized option

Post by Peet »

This is MinGW-w64? I don't think that is a supported environment for Spring.
Adding that support would in theory be a good thing but the effort would likely be in vain as the official builds will remain for win32 in the interest of compatibility. I believe sync is broken between the two architectures on Windows.
bilhamil

Post by bilhamil »

I have been trying compiling with the 32 bit version. Both stable and the newer revisions, both have same error. Cmake is adding the flag here:
https://github.com/spring/spring/blob/d ... s.txt#L344

It looks like it's added in the case that it's a 32 bit build, --large-address-aware is a valid option for the linker (ld) as far as I can tell. The error message is reporting that it is being passed to g++, which indeed doesn't support that option. I think it is supposed to be passed to ld, the linker.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Ah...I guess nobody else has bothered building the development branch in mingw since jk broke it in june :regret: glad you found the issue

I look forward to seeing the next iteration of your touch interface work!
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

https://github.com/spring/spring/commit ... 9cd4bf2bcb

And Peet, everything must go through our buildbot. So I tested my commit. It's just another annoying difference between systems.
bilhamil

Post by bilhamil »

Thanks jK for the fix!

Return to “Engine”