wdef[id].maxVelocity -> wdef[id].projectileSpeed - Page 2

wdef[id].maxVelocity -> wdef[id].projectileSpeed

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: wdef[id].maxVelocity -> wdef[id].projectileSpeed

Post by PicassoCT »

Kloot, as you can see we are all ganging up on you, too force you into the neverending teaparty and drama that is spring. ;)

So what to do? Answer: Make a Forum Post but never read the resulting discussion. Because any move is a bad move down here. I for one find the idea of a 3D RTS quite a derail from the Original TA. :D

Not everyone is a teamworker. And our reeducation camp with forced labour and brainwashing doesent seem to have the prognosed effects.

But you could write a blog like shortpost at the end of the day. Nothing like "Am I allowed to do this?" more like " I did, and you deal with it, bitches! Oh, butthurt?".
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: wdef[id].maxVelocity -> wdef[id].projectileSpeed

Post by FLOZi »

Those are not orthogonal concepts. More transparency (in the form of less duplication, etc.) also makes code easier to maintain, which is a _huge_ problem in Spring. A problem that apparently only I am seeing.
Sorry I should have been more clear - engine maintainability (for engine devs) vs. transparency of use (for content devs) i.e. So that game devs don't have to worry about multiplying/dividing by game frames here and there etc.

Generally speaking I am absolutely in favour of all the Spring re-factoring and clean-up work (toairweapon springs to mind as just one recent example) but I do also believe that some convenience fields at least are worthy of discussion.

Of course this may come across as pure arrogant self-interest. 8)

Return to “Engine”